Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Pre-Ultimate Shishkov designs

cynic

Bosses take credit all the time. In this case, it was likely a media/marketing reason. Using a figurehead, calling them a "guru" or something similar for people to associate with the brand. He was the one in regular contact with media. Giving/taking credit is one thing, but marketing is something else altogether.

Also, those guitars are beauties. There should be more of that on the Shishkov site. More guitars and more shots of them.

In fairness, my Guitar Player reference was simply to point out the fact that the media typically reports facts are as they observe, surmise, or conflate them. Certainly possible that the writer simply assumed that Jol was the designer, given his role with Hamer.

In most cases, the Hamer models were COLLABORATIVE efforts. The original design/concept may not have been directly tied to the hands and brain (and heart) that ultimately saw that idea become a workable prototype or model. While certainly not always the case, this was one of the beautiful advantages to having such a talented TEAM at Hamer.

wasn't sure whether to post here or to start a thread, but what is the projected likelihood of being able to order older Hamer designs? Say, like an Impact guitar (yeah, can't get that out of my head)....

It would be nice, but if Shishkov is going to last as a brand Mike is going to have to get known for his own designs sooner than getting known for building Hamer copies. How about a guitar similar to an Impact?

I'm sure we can all contribute to a redesign of a superstrat that Shishkov can call his own :)

Archived