Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Important Message about discussing or ordering Shishkov Guitars

hikarateboy

I was told by Mike that a post of mine from a recent thread was spot on and he asked that I pin it at the top to serve as a guideline for discussing ideas and future orders. I've edited it slightly to give context outside the thread. Please keep it in mind when posting.

Hamer model names are a language we all understand so its quick and easy to use them when discussing an idea for a potential Shishkov order. I completely understand why people do it.

Please remember when discussing that Mike is NOT making new Hamers, although one can understand the confusion when people see how much the Ultimate design was inspired by a Standard. It's important to note that while they share some similarities, they are different guitars.

The biggest concerns comes from when someone says something like "how much will Mike charge to build a Watson". Mike is definitely not in business to build Hamer replicas but statements like that might lead someone to believe that he is.

Will Mike build people guitars inspired by a Watson or one of their favorite models just as was done with the ultimates? The answer is yes, but these new models will also be different guitars just as the Ultimates are.

Let's not forget that Mike has some ideas for things none of us has even seen yet so there maybe something on the horizons even better than that Talladega styled guitar you were thinking about.

Lastly, There WILL NOT be another run of Ultimates available at a special price, but they can be ordered on an individual basis. Expect pricing to be reasonable but relative to a regular custom order from Mike. The initial run was a way of financing Mike's new venture (ala kickstarter) as well as thanking those that believed enough to put money down up front.

• Like 26