Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Nice gig bag for Shishkov Ultimate

BadgerDave

I just got one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MOO3MI2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fits the Ultimate perfectly, without being too big. Well made, looks like it will last. The Hardcase is excellent, but it is Huge! It won't fit in my car!

This is a nice option. $41.00

61wlTGhh5uL._SL1500_.jpg

It's got as much padding as any of the nylon bags I've seen, more than most. Definitely not thin, cheap or flimsy. Also has rubber corners and a strap to secure the neck at the headstock so it doesn't move around inside.

Nice.

Will the Shishkov fit in a Standard case?

Not a form fit one. Different body shapes.

It's got as much padding as any of the nylon bags I've seen, more than most. Definitely not thin, cheap or flimsy. Also has rubber corners and a strap to secure the neck at the headstock so it doesn't move around inside.

Nice review Badger and good to know.

Hamerica

I used to have an MIK Dean ML. Never could find a case or bag for it. This would have been perfect, but I traded/consigned it or something.

Anyway, this bag definitely fills a gap in the market.

I've seen Dave's car. It's small.

_45448207_car_pa466.jpg

He clearly doesn't have any male "issues"...

I just got one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MOO3MI2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fits the Ultimate perfectly, without being too big. Well made, looks like it will last. The Hardcase is excellent, but it is Huge! It won't fit in my car!

This is a nice option. $41.00

That looks like a great option. Is there any sort of block under the strap that holds down the neck to prop the headstock up a bit or is it just a strap?

I used to have an MIK Dean ML. Never could find a case or bag for it. This would have been perfect, but I traded/consigned it or something.

Anyway, this bag definitely fills a gap in the market.

I'm not sure if these were available when you were looking but I recently purchased a Dean lightweight case for lugging my Deans around. Here's a link:

http://www.deanguitars.com/query?upc=819998013158

They're made of a hard foam (probably styrofoam or something similar) and, like most Dean cases, it has a fuzzy lining but no real padding to speak of. In the pic of the interior at the link above, the middle section of the top is padded but that's about it. Also, the bar that you see in that pic near the top of the case isn't fixed in place but is just a loose piece of some type of softer foam whose purpose I have yet to determine. I wish it had a strap to lock down the neck but it seems to work fine as is. Also, the case is big so if you're looking for something small, this probably isn't it. I was just looking for something that was lightweight, would offer good protection and had a shoulder strap and this fit the bill. I wish it had two shoulder straps so I could wear it like a backpack but then again, it's a pretty big case so I'm not sure how well that would work. Also, I would prefer a padded shoulder strap but the strap hooks on to the case D-rings so you could easily sub in another strap or just add padding to the one that comes with it.

BTW, I ordered mine about a month ago from the Dean site that I linked above and it was $69. Not sure why it's $99 now but you can find them cheaper on Amazon and other places. I only linked the site above as it shows the interior which, IMHO, is really important when looking for a gig bag or other type of lightweight case.

• 4 months later...

SKBs Explorer soft case fits an Ultimate. The tip of the headstock is a little tight but you can just push against it with something hard to gently deform the foam under the black lining and it works great. The original case is very nice but big as a piano. Hard to stuff a full complement of gig crap in my car using it, and the SKB is lighter, can be carried like a backpack, and is made or hard styrene stuff like a motorcycle helmet under the cordura. Really prefer it in every way.

Archived