Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Green "Monster"

Northfield

What a beauty..! I knew I'd love this one "the green fan I am)... Friggin superb."

I would have never guessed. :D:lol:

Cajun, Gator, and the green whatever the hell they call that swampish looking swirl.

Hamerica

Had a great time last night when Stonge and his better half stopped over to pick up #0017!

056_zps3xhdbqbc.jpg

040_zpsaejorssp.jpg

048_zps7xofiaek.jpg

045_zpsaa5zfrwy.jpg

042_zpsxprfx1fz.jpg

Dis page here needs some pronage!

I wish you could double like a post. ^_^

Godzilla is a great name for the finish, but a better name for the Guitar itself.

Get a truss rod cover engraved.

Even better, i know there is an Eclipse out there with a TRC engraved with "It's Green"

This one is more deserving.

None more green!!!

I have been looking at the photos of this guitar for about 48 hours now, and I stiil can't find the descriptive words I want to use...

Beautiful Guitar, Beautiful color, Beautiful top...

(I wish it was mine), Just too Beautiful for words.

Thanks for the comments, folks. I didn't want to make a "honeymoon" post, but this guitar is amazing. It is really resonant, and has the huge neck that I always wanted so it rings like a church bell. Mike's craftsmanship is second to none, and it meets or exceeds all of my hopes and expectations. I'd put the quality and feel right up there with my Artist Ultimate (which Mike probably built too). The body is one-piece mahogany, and the details like the ebony TRC and headstock overlay show how much thought and care Mike put into these. The finish by Gary is awesome; most greenbursts tend to obscure the flame maple at the edges, and you can follow the flame all the way to the corner by the switch (by the way Mike, thanks for talking me out of putting the mustache on the Mona Lisa lol).

Thanks to Mike and Trish being such kind hosts and letting us pick the guitar up (during a heck of a storm - something right across the street got hit by lightning). Mrs stonge and I enjoyed talking with both of them about guitars.

Special thanks to mrjamiam; I was assigned serial number 18 on the initial draw and missed my favorite number by 1 (I was born on the 17th). Mrs stonge contacted mrjamiam, who graciously swapped serial numbers with me (and he got a great guitar as well).

Extra special thanks to mrs stonge, who never hesitated when told about the Ultimate run "why are you telling me? just sign up already". This was one heck of a 50th birthday present.

I don't have much for photos, but here it is with my Mesa Mark V 25 micro-stack. What a combination!

20150624_223948_zpsvunkmdbx.jpg

You suck, Ed. That thing is gorgeous. You are indeed a lucky man!

At first I thought it was a normal stack next to a giant guitar.

Stonge - First of all absolutely stunning guitar, i am still kicking myself hard for not getting in on this run. I literally saw the post within 30 minutes of it hitting the forum and hesitated, thereby missing out :( I have not seen one yet that wasn't gorgeous in it's own right...

The main reason I'm posting here though is about the mark V 25 you have and what you think about it. I currently have both a full size mark V and a 25W mini rectifier and was considering selling them both and getting the V 25. My biggest concern is using the V 25 for gigging, not so much a club but an outside venue that possibly may not be mic'd thru a PA. I have the same slant cab you have and the straight cab version also, and it would be a helluva lot easier on my 51 year old back to tote around! But again, concern is headroom, especially the clean channel. What's your thoughts? Thanks in advance for any and all advice :) OSR

...by the way Mike, thanks for talking me out of putting the mustache on the Mona Lisa...

I'm intrigued - care to elaborate?

Beautiful Ultimate, simply BEE-YOU-TEE-FUL!

...by the way Mike, thanks for talking me out of putting the mustache on the Mona Lisa...

I'm intrigued - care to elaborate?

Beautiful Ultimate, simply BEE-YOU-TEE-FUL!

I had ordered a custom toggle switch plate that said 'STUN/KILL' rather than RHYTHM/TREBLE that we talked through and agreed that it would be a shame to cover up Gary's great paint job in that area. I'll use it on something else around here lol.

I was totally remiss in mentioning how great these pickups sound - the combination of the pickups and wiring makes for a very versatile guitar. The next time Josh offers another batch of Ultimate-spec pickups I'm buying a set to put in 0109. They are really that good.

Stonge - First of all absolutely stunning guitar, i am still kicking myself hard for not getting in on this run. I literally saw the post within 30 minutes of it hitting the forum and hesitated, thereby missing out :( I have not seen one yet that wasn't gorgeous in it's own right...

The main reason I'm posting here though is about the mark V 25 you have and what you think about it. I currently have both a full size mark V and a 25W mini rectifier and was considering selling them both and getting the V 25. My biggest concern is using the V 25 for gigging, not so much a club but an outside venue that possibly may not be mic'd thru a PA. I have the same slant cab you have and the straight cab version also, and it would be a helluva lot easier on my 51 year old back to tote around! But again, concern is headroom, especially the clean channel. What's your thoughts? Thanks in advance for any and all advice :) OSR

The clean headroom depends on the guitar you are using; with a tele with a duncan broadcaster pickup (a little more midrange than normal) it stays clean until about 10:30 on the pre with the master pegged in 25 watt mode. With the Shishkov it's clean until about 10:00 or so. The clean and fat modes on channel one are about the same for breakup, and the mid control affects the drive quite a bit (above 5 it's a boost, 1-5 is more like the range of most amps from 1-10). One nice feature is the built-in Cab Clone, so you could run an XLR into the PA for more volume and use the cabs for a really loud monitor (the "zone of death" as we call it lol). I do outdoors gigs with a Deluxe Reverb reissue or a Bassman reissue on 3-4, but I play mostly clean and we are not a loud band. Stacking the cabs like that gets the slant cab aimed at your head, while the open back goes straight out into the room. It's not Ampeg VT22 or Traynor YBA-1 (ungodly) loud, but it's way louder than the DRRI. The Green Monstah sounds darned good through the baby boogie; I can get that 'edge of feedback' singing tone just over conversation level on the drive channels. If you can find one, I'd recommend trying one out (if you're anywhere near Hartford, come check it out for yourself).

It was fun diming it with the Shishkov, but I'm not sure if mrs stonge or the dogs agree. I'll have to try the drive channel when I have the house to myself lol.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Stonge, much appreciated. It sounds a lot like my mini rectifier in regards to where it starts breaking up, the mini is plenty loud for playing in the house and sounds awesome when pushed but it lacks the headroom in the clean channel that I like to have when we play outdoors. the full size mark v is way more amp than I really need except for that clean channel, and man does it sound good and cuts thru the mix when i need it to. Just can't get the mini rect to do that and I'm afraid i'd have the same issue with the v 25. I have a local guitar store that carries Mesa so at some point I may have to run by there to check one out, assuming they will have one in stock...

Thanks again, and just to reiterate: That freakin' shishkov is the s**t! :wub:

Ed,

Congrats on one killer looking and playing Shishkov. Green doesn't usually do that much for me, but I'd have that one in a hot second - damn. I can't wait to see what the top on #44 will look like - it will already be a bit special in a few other minor ways. No, no mustaches here either! ;)

You've clearly got an awesome guitar and an equally awesome wife for not even blinking on the Ultimate special run offer. How cool is that?! Life is GOOD!

• 5 months later...

Archived