Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Birthday Present

Citrus

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!!!

In so many ways, WOW!!!

I was delayed in posting because I really didn't get a chance to truly PLAY the guitar till sunday.

Had holiday plans and in-laws through Saturday ( including a 4 hr trek from LI - NJ which should only have taken 90 min?? ).

Then the wife wanted some "together downtime"

Then finally......Sunday

WOW!!!!!!!

I open the case and keep my fingers crossed that it would really be a tobacco burst. The pics I rec'd looked like either a jazzburst, or a tri burst with some red in it, but this, this is a gorgeous dark brown into a yellow burst !!! The top wood flame is gorgeous!!!!

Next, the neck. I place the Ultimate on my leg, and grasp the neck - did he get it right?? How could he from a phone conversation?? A nice chunky neck with a slight V to it. HOLY CRAP!!!!! the neck is a nice hand filling chunk of wood! The neck near the nut seems to have, yes it does have a slight v t the back which ever so slowly rounds out as one approaches the upper frets.

Strum - hello Johnny B rings like a friggin' bell Goode!!! WOW!!!!!

Plug in and...... Lets just say I'm a turn the vol and tone to 10 and flip the selector to the bridge pup, because the neck pup always sounds like mud and in turn the middle position, meh!

Hold your horses!!!!! Plugged in and started playing, didn't realize I was on the middle position, and liked it. Really, Really liked it!!!! Nice chime, perfect rhythm tone, and when I roll back the tone slightly it's asking for a nice solo.

Next, I went for the mud, and flipped it up to the neck. Nice, woody, articulate, no mud! Wow this is what a neck pup should be!! Roll back the tone knob, crank some distortion - sings beautifully.

The neck pup can sing, grind, clear as a bell!!

I need more playing time with this beast!!

So the neck is perfect, the frets are amazing, the finish is gorgeous, kudos to Josh for the PUPs, the case is killer, Mike has hit it out of the park!!!

There has been no exaggeration to what the others have said about these guitars. If you are in line to get one, you are very, very lucky.

I told Mike to let me know when he needs a new order, because I'd love to see what he could put together for a pair of Firebird type pickups, and maybe a Bigsby! I will not be able to post pics till next week due to work, but they will be posted - Mike feel free if you'd like.

I will post a sound clip in the future when time allows.

L-32636-1400987241-9832.jpeg.jpg

No pics?!

You DICK!!!!

(JK)

Your impressions are spot on...

Archived