Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Non Ultimate Shishkovs

BTMN

I was just reading a post from Last August by Mike that said there were to be a couple things built along side the Ultimate builds.

Don't recall anyone mentioning or posting one. Have I missed it, new owners shy, or none built yet? B)

Life IS Good. B)

Nothing has been built yet, that's why. He's focusing on getting the Ultimate run moving along. There were a number of things, like totally unforeseen delays in deliveries, getting the shop up and running, etc. that modified original timelines.

Basically, you'll see other stuff when ya see it!

I for one am losing patience having little to no desire for the "Ultimate" body style, I passed on the original run. While I appreciate the outstanding luthiery on these gorgeous Ultimates I am more than ready to see what else Mike has up his sleeve. I would Very much like to see it this fall when I celebrate my b'day, that would make a special birthday even more special for me! Let's Go!!

arniez

You guys DO understand that Mike is ONE GUY trying to filll roughly 50 initial orders, right?

He is still on track to, and will still knock out more top quality guitars in his first 12 months of building than the entire last five or so years of Hamer.

The design process continues, but he has his priorities in line and is honoring those deposits/orders for the people that helped with getting things up and running and actually helped to fund all this. When you consider that he couldn't even start generating real sawdust until midway through last fall, this is truly an incredible feat for one human being starting from zero.

Don't forget that he also has a wonderful family that he's entitled to see every now and then!

You guys DO understand that Mike is ONE GUY trying to filll roughly 50 initial orders, right?

He is still on track to, and will still knock out more top quality guitars in his first 12 months of building than the entire last five or so years of Hamer.

The design process continues, but he has his priorities in line and is honoring those deposits/orders for the people that helped with getting things up and running and actually helped to fund all this. When you consider that he couldn't even start generating real sawdust until midway through last fall, this is truly an incredible feat for one human being starting from zero.

Don't forget that he also has a wonderful family that he's entitled to see every now and then!

You've tried reasoning with them, but i'm afraid the "Pitchforks & Torches" are gathering. ;)

Since my Shishkov is just around the corner i'm a happy camper!

I read Arnie's post with a big smile on it thinking he was being a lil over the top on purpose. I think we are all ok with Mike's pace for what he has shown us and his work.

Don't think we are pushing the issue just to over work the guy or take him away from his family. We are just very eager beavers. B)

The problem is not with the people who know Mike, know this forum well, etc. When the "drive by" types looking for info on a potential builder come across this post, that could cause problems.

From completed Ultimate builds and his momentum to date, its abundantly clear this first run isn't just "a grand slam" but will end up being TWELVE consecutive grand slams. Unheard of in any sport or performance measurement metric.

The future success of Shishkov is heavily reliant on this first run and completing this unbroken series of grand slams.

A huge reason many of us are even on this forum is because we own and/or have fingerhumped glorious Hamers Mike so painstakingly crafted while at Hamer and fell in love with them.

As Chris said, he's a one man band making the music of an orchestra and the audience isn't willing to give him a break to go pee!?! WTF?

I can tell from the Ultimates already completed, Mike worked deliberately, sweated the quality and every detail. I'm asolutely cool with that because that's what separates the pepper from the fly shit (as my grandmother used to say). I also know - NO MATTER WHAT - he'll do the same thing on #44 and every Shishkov after that. I'm grateful as hell this high a build quality/value option even exists.

In short, take a breath and chill yourselves out, watch the thread updates like its Christmas and enjoy this ride. I know I have.

I for one am losing patience having little to no desire for the "Ultimete" body style, I passed on the original run. While I appreciate the outstanding luthiery on these gorgeous Ultimates I am more than ready to see what else Mike has up his sleeve. I would Very much like to see it this fall when I celebrate my b'day, that would make a special birthday even more special for me! Let's Go!!

arniez

6a.gif

The problem is not with the people who know Mike, know this forum well, etc. When the "drive by" types looking for info on a potential builder come across this post, that could cause problems.

But anyone seriously considering a custom order would have only to do the least amount of due diligence to understand that he's putting out guitars at a pretty amazing rate. Given the quality involved on each, going from zero (no company, no plant assets, no materials) to putting out (by my last count) 19 completed guitars in around a year is a feat of unbelievable proportions. There have been guys on this very forum who've waited upwards of three years for a CO from a company that was a long-time going concern at the time of the order. What Mike has pulled off (and is continuing to pull off) is nothing short of amazing to anyone with any sense of what it takes to: 1. start a business and 2. build a guitar. [/opinion]

So Mike sent me a photo of the wood that would be the top on my Ultimate order last Sunday. :wub: That was out of the blue as I have felt all along that when it happens, it happens. B)

I am in no way rushing anything in starting this thread as my CO has been done or rather is being done. If it takes another 6 months I am just as comfortable about it as I have been since the day it was ordered. I even went further in line just to get a cool number. Thanks BadgerDave #16 is Bad Ass. ^_^B)

I was just curious more than anxious for the next big thing. B) Never intended to get anyone agitated about it. :ph34r::huh:

Not looking to rain on anyone's parade and know for a fact Mike will not make anything less than spectacular. I want all you guys with orders for Ultimates to get the guitar you are dreaming of. I wouldn't expect, or even ask Mike to consider altering his schedule. But,after watching all these incredible instruments coming to life, you can' t blame a guy for wanting to get in on the action, I want me some Shishkov!

ArnieZ

Right there with ya, Arnie. The Ultimates are stunning and I love 'em, but they unfortunately do not love me. I am wickedly jealous of those in line, and dying to see what else Mike has up his sleeve.

I'm hoping for a single-cut.........

To all those loosing patience.

Go buy some cheese to go with your whining.

If you are going to provide the whine, at least made it good whine and not the cheep bag in a box whine.

I'm getting the last Ultimat, I believe and don't have any idea when it's going to be completed. So, chill the whine if your white, and stay at room temp if your red, and don't forget the assortment of cheeses.

Have a nice day.

Wine was intentionally spelled whine for this post and we shall not consume any shitty whine before its time. Cheese is for eating and not passing

Yeah, but those Connecticut child labor laws are tough!!

He does have an apprentice working for him.

To all those loosing patience.

Go buy some cheese to go with your whining.

If you are going to provide the whine, at least made it good whine and not the cheep bag in a box whine.

I'm getting the last Ultimat, I believe and don't have any idea when it's going to be completed. So, chill the whine if your white, and stay at room temp if your red, and don't forget the assortment of cheeses.

Have a nice day.

Wine was intentionally spelled whine for this post and we shall not consume any shitty whine before its time. Cheese is for eating and not passing

I don't whine.

I anticipate loudly.

Archived