Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Shishkov Lacquer?

RobB

While on this topic, what is the best polish or wax for the Ultimate finish? I love Zymol wax but haven't used it on #6 yet...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Love Zymol on a car, but use of a silicon based wax can be a huge impediment to any future repair (that hopefully will never be required ;) ). There are a number of guitar polishes out there. I like StewMac's Preservation Polish, but it certainly isn't the only one.

Dunlop 65. I don't polish my guitars anymore, just clean the dirt off and clean/oil the fingerboard.

This is what I have been doing with my Ultimate.

I thought Zymol was a water-based wax of mostly natural ingredients like carnauba wax, beeswax, etc. I thought it was silicon-free as it is highly regarded on the Ric forum. And those guys are seriously anal retentive about their Rics....

I am now very glad I didn't use it on 0006.

Zymol's web site shows no silicone in any of their waxes. Am I missing something? :unsure:

Complete and erroneous assumption on my part. I've used their auto wax on my cars for years without knowing (caring) what's in it. Thanks aknapp for doing the homework.

GLOP ON! :D

BTW: I found this on their website: a product specifically for musical instruments:

Zymol_Pakage.png

Well now! It looks like Gulfburst will absolutely glow with the Zymol treatment!

Why spend the money on all that crap? Play the damned thing, don’t polish it.

Correct! Use pick and skin to create mojo rather than polished mirror.

Dunlop 65. I don't polish my guitars anymore, just clean the dirt off and clean/oil the fingerboard.

^^^

Wisdom.

"Church" - Skinny Pete

Rob - I'd imagine it was exactly what Hamer was using.

Gary Pirro (finish guy at Hamer) has done the finishing on everything in the run thus far.

Guess I could have emailed Mike with this question, but I thought an open post would be more informative. Any thoughts on the type finishing process on the Ultimates?

Did the original OP question get answered? Now I am kinda curious.

Hamerica

Archived