Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Tick.tick.tick.tick.tick...

Hamerica

The Inspiration

Jack Bauer was inspired by one of my earliest Hamer Standards; Bound Body, Dots and that 70's era sound all day, every day and twice on Sunday. The 59 Burst on both is not exactly 59 Burst.

A/Bn' the two and it is going to take a couple of days to get me to stop smiling to get serious about the tone. Playing through a vintage Alamo this evening.

Love the response of the tone and volume controls - total responsive. The pickups are just too much damn fun. I used to be an "AC/DC" kinda guy - guitar knobs dimed and the amp cranked up.

"The Times they are a changin'"

Enjoy the pics.

Tone Report by the weekend with a Full Tone report in a few weeks once a couple of HFC'rs get their hands on it.

Hamerica

post-1218-0-66307800-1444184883_thumb.jp

post-1218-0-42936400-1444184886_thumb.jp

post-1218-0-12778400-1444184901_thumb.jp

post-1218-0-01034800-1444184902_thumb.jp

post-1218-0-62280100-1444185174_thumb.jp

I truly regret not getting in on the Ultimate run, especially when I see amazing works of art like these. :(

Congrats!

I used to be an "AC/DC" kinda guy - guitar knobs dimed and the amp cranked up.

"The Times they are a changin'"

Question for ya'll Ultimate owners. I found I set the tone knob on mine about... maybe 60 or 70 percent wide open. Unlike most guitars.

It's not that it gets BAD open but it does get more focused and takes some presence off. You finding that too? It surprised me. Usually a tone knob is more severe and cuts a load of highs off quickly.

It is definitely a bit more "vocal" or "articulate" in that range, which I like a lot.

Of course, those are MY adjectives, and yours might be totally different. It's not as drastic as a cocked wah or that nasally in-between position, but has a cool midrangey feature.

It depends on the amp for me......I find I like to twiddle the vol knobs and the tone knobs continually. I tend to be a treble fiend, but on the Ultimate I often roll back to 7-8, or 5...

Archived