Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What model is this? MIK Single cut Hollowbody Archtop on Ebay

The listing just says "Archtop." Is that what they were actually called? I don't recall seeing anything similar to this other than maybe an Echotone which is a double cut with a different bridge. How are these regarded?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hamer-Archtop-Hollowbody-Guitar-Samick-/301756435775?hash=item464215cd3f

s-l1600.jpg

I think I might go for it. I've been thinking a lot about selling all my guitars (or most of them). I was laid up at home and in and out of the hospital with a stuck kidney stone that left me a bunch of time to sort out priorities. Mid-life crisis at 40? Maybe I just need something different like this guitar to relight the spark.

A new guitar is not always what you need to feel better, but it cannot hurt.

Learning something new would be better than a new guitar. However, that hollow body guitar could make you explore some music that you have not played before if you do not have a guitar that comes close to its design.

I was laid up at home and in and out of the hospital with a stuck kidney stone that left me a bunch of time to sort out priorities. Mid-life crisis at 40?

Ouch!! I feel with ya'... Had a kidney stone 15 years ago - then about your age. When the pain hits you repent of every known and unkown sin.....

I think I might go for it. I've been thinking a lot about selling all my guitars (or most of them). I was laid up at home and in and out of the hospital with a stuck kidney stone that left me a bunch of time to sort out priorities. Mid-life crisis at 40? Maybe I just need something different like this guitar to relight the spark.

Sorry to hear that! Get well - in sense of health AND priorities. I would try out the git, but I am not sure about the selling idea. But I do know the feeling for sure.

ETA: Maybe a Washburn A20V would help?

A new guitar is not always what you need to feel better, but it cannot hurt.

Learning something new would be better than a new guitar. However, that hollow body guitar could make you explore some music that you have not played before if you do not have a guitar that comes close to its design.

That's what I was thinking too. All I have are solid body double humbucking guitars, and one SSH. Some of the new music that I am trying just does not sound "right" on what I currently have.

I was laid up at home and in and out of the hospital with a stuck kidney stone that left me a bunch of time to sort out priorities. Mid-life crisis at 40?

Ouch!! I feel with ya'... Had a kidney stone 15 years ago - then about your age. When the pain hits you repent of every known and unkown sin.....

Thanks! I completely agree. The pain was so bad they could not manage it in the ER, so they admitted me. But then I had to lay there for two days to wait for surgery.

Sorry to hear that! Get well - in sense of health AND priorities. I would try out the git, but I am not sure about the selling idea. But I do know the feeling for sure.

ETA: Maybe a Washburn A20V would help?

Thanks Daniel! As much as I would still like to find the "right one" of those, I think it would keep me from exploring anything new. I would just keep playing Quiet Riot on that Washburn. Would buying that be GAS insanity? Buying the same or similarly equipped guitar over and over hoping for a different result?

They are decent guitars. IIRC, I paid slightly more than that for mine. Good bang for the buck, but the reality is that I do not really use it. Hard to predict how eBay auctions end. I would not chase it too far if the price jumps.

Archived