Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Protos - aka Cobra and Maverick

Northfield

^^  I'd imagine once the Ultimate run is finally completed that the waiting time may reduce.  Possibly.

For what its worth I put in a custom order quote in June '14 on the day Mike announced what he was doing on the HFC and placed a deposit on the order in October '14 (dealing with the Ultimate's was the priority) and my build is now in the early stages.

Its exciting times.  I check my email's every morning (given that I am in the UK and Mike's updates tend to come when I am asleep) and among the 200 odd work ones always scan quickly to look for "Shishkov" just in case there's an update email/photo :lol:.  Sad eh?  

All I can say is that the wait should be worth it.  What I have seen so far is astounding and the customer feedback is equally complimentary.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On December 28, 2015 at 1:30 PM, cmatthes said:

I can see it now...Mike will have to build a 7 string korina hollowbodied harp guitar with a 36 fret board and a purpose-built tailpiece/bridge unit made out of Unicorn horn and Ogre femur that nobody in the world will ever hear played.

Ever.

The "Andy Summers Model?"  😀😀

21 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

We all haven't seen anything yet!  :wub:

Patience, Bubs...patience!

• 5 weeks later...

Just had the spec sheet convo... I'm so damned excited!  I'm reasonably confident that this will be my last 1500+ set neck fiddle, and it is only the third guitar I've ever had that was brand spanking new.  The other was a G&L Legacy which, while lovely, is a whole different sport, and a Taylor acoustic, which I play so little that I forget I own it (I really need to sell that thing).  

I've never bought anything remotely like this though.  I feel like I'm custom ordering fine art that I you just happen to be able to use to recreate AC/DC tunes, haha. 

• 2 weeks later...

If Mike ever does a bass, I'm thinking more along the lines of a hollow/semi-hollow body.

If anyone recalls the two guitars he built for his daughters, those and the Improv prove that he can build that type of instrument in a unique way.

Besides, in the words of Monty Python: And Now, For Something Completely Different.

Note to Chris Matthes:  Yes I Know, You don't have to say it B):D

17 hours ago, HSB0531 said:

If Mike ever does a bass, I'm thinking more along the lines of a hollow/semi-hollow body.

If anyone recalls the two guitars he built for his daughters, those and the Improv prove that he can build that type of instrument in a unique way.

Besides, in the words of Monty Python: And Now, For Something Completely Different.

Note to Chris Matthes:  Yes I Know, You don't have to say it B):D

A man with three buttocks? :huh:

• 9 months later...

Archived