Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Protos - aka Cobra and Maverick

Northfield

Oh boy... Got emailed back with a quote. I won't post here as I haven't seen prices and don't want to talk out of school. Very reasonable though.

I'm getting stoked!

I agree. I'm currently emailing back and forth with Mike and am amazed with the way he does business. I'm proud to support him and his new company.

Right there with you two. This is happening!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike is the best. I'm looking forward to chatting with him about something new as well!

I emailed Mike , he was great at getting back to me quickly. I'm curious to see if/when he will come out with a junior style guitar.

Seeing what he's done with the other great examples, I'm really looking forward to see what twists/improvements he could come up for that style. I mentioned it before in another post, but the neck joint absolutely knocked me out, that kind of attention to detail really speaks volumes to me. And although it's a look thing, that headstock is so great, it really puts things over the top!!

I had an initial email with Mike. Looking forward to getting one of those single cuts. Looking forward to the pickups too.

Oh, and looking on his site, I just noticed the MOP and abalone 12th inlay. Didn't notice that before. Makes crowns vs. dots a tough choice.

They're exactly the level of quality I expected from Mike.

But I'm Really Happy with that headstock.

It's familiar yet just different enough.

It's classy and functional.

And I like that 12th fret marker too.

Lefties are absolutely do-able. Give Mike a call!

That Cobra may be for me..kind of like what I had in my mind when all those beautiful Ultimates were going out..wondering if Mike would ever do another body style ..and that Cobra shape is what I was wishing for.

That Cobra may be for me..kind of like what I had in my mind when all those beautiful Ultimates were going out..wondering if Mike would ever do another body style ..and that Cobra shape is what I was wishing for.

It's like he KNOWS!!! ;)

This stuff is just too cool...

I can see it now...Mike will have to build a 7 string korina hollowbodied harp guitar with a 36 fret board and a purpose-built tailpiece/bridge unit made out of Unicorn horn and Ogre femur that nobody in the world will ever hear played.

Ever.

I can see it now...Mike will have to build a 7 string korina hollowbodied harp guitar with a 36 fret board and a purpose-built tailpiece/bridge unit made out of Unicorn horn and Ogre femur that nobody in the world will ever hear played.

Ever.

Ooooh... Custom Order idea...

Thanks, Chris!

:)

Ever.

Only those from middle earth could hear it.

Archived