Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1979 4-Digit Standard #0252 - SOLD

Let's refresh this ad. I added a couple of my own pics. Also, I'm reducing the price to $6,600 delivered via UPS 2nd Day Air shipping. At this price, I would greatly prefer a friends and family Paypal payment or other form of fee-less payment. But if that's not possible, let's talk, I'm sure something can be worked out.

I may regret this, I may not. I've only owned this for a little over a year, and it's been wonderful to have and play. But I went a little overboard with gear last year, and this is the quickest way to get myself back to what I consider reasonable. This is in no way a fire sale, and I'm perfectly happy to hold onto it and go a different direction if necessary. My asking price is $8,050 and includes paypal and 2nd Day Air UPS shipping. (Dropped to $7,500 with a PP Gift payment). A significant discount will be available if a Paypal Gift or other form of fee-less payment is used. Of course, any different form of payment would need to clear prior to shipping. Those who have bought/sold with me in the past have found me to be a pretty reasonable guy to deal with.

I would prefer to sell this outright, but I would be willing to entertain partial trades for a modern Hamer. I'd be interested in a Triple Threat, Talladega Pro or a particularly nice modern Standard.

This is not a pristine guitar (nor should it be at 37 years old), it has a few minor scars and checks in the finish here and there. But it is an excellent example of a bound and crowned flame top standard from the great era of Hamer. The frets are in good shape. When I bought it, it did not have the original pickup selector ring, but on a recent visit to Nashville, Murkat gave it to me. It has since been reinstalled on the guitar.

The tone pot and cap have been replaced, but with the parts from 4-digit # 0227. So the changed components are certainly period correct and very possibly from the same batches.

The neck pickup is original, but the bridge pickup was replaced (before I owned it) with a period correct Dimarzio PAF by Murkat.

The guitar is kept in its original case, although it was shipped to me in a Modern Hamer case for better protection, and that's the way I'll ship it. I will ship the original case via UPS ground, so it will likely arrive a day or two later.

Many of the pics below are from the previous owner, but the first couple are mine with the aforementioned selector ring installed.

20160405_083048_zpsdwfhtknm.jpg

20160405_083058_zpsljjevqht.jpg

IMG_1231_zps6wicqnsd.jpg

IMG_1230_zpskxtecnfz.jpg

IMG_1228_zpswvwukuku.jpg

IMG_1223_zpswdoftxgg.jpg

IMG_1222_zpsndu0yip8.jpg

IMG_1221_zpscfe44ejb.jpg

IMG_1217_zpsv5m9ochx.jpg

Somebody out there is cashing their Bar Mitzvah Bonds at this moment.

Oy Mom is gonna have a hemorrhage!

I'll be banned from using the condo in Tampa next winter.... B)

Cheers!

caddie

Just to reiterate. I will consider partial trades up to about half of the value as I do need to at least partially cash out. Will also consider multiple items in trade, though my preference would be a single item. I'm not looking for anything in particular in a guitar, but am not into shredders at all. As I mentioned in the original posts, higher end more recent Hamers always interest me, as would a nice Jaguar or Jazzmaster. I'm not interested in amps.

Trade ya this

P9080026_edited.jpg

and this

20150924_165957_zps5m6t6cve.jpg

for your old, creaky, arthritic 3-digit Standard?

PM me.

Cheers!

caddie

Hey Mr. CurryPowder, my offer (see above) remains on the table. Are you still mulling it over?

Cheers!

caddie

Archived