Hamer Fan Club Message Center

TELECASTER PRON NEEDED

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, it's me HHB said:

Is mod even audible?

I've removed the tone circuit before on other guitars and there was a noticeable difference between having a wide-open 500k pot and no pot at all. But more importantly, I'll be able to roll down the bridge tone a bit if I want without affecting the neck and having to roll it back up when I switch to the neck. When the push-pull is down, operation will be stock and it's cheap to do, so it's a no-lose proposition.

-

Austin

I kindof have a thing for Telecasters. Here are a few of my favorites. 

t52_zpslz1qlpoc.jpg

rs14_zpsf0cbde1e.jpg

blk_tele_zpsd9e23fbf.jpg

IMG_0338_zpsad8099b1.jpg

RS.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_3298.jpg

IMG_3307.jpg

And of course my #1 never sell go to my grave RS PG330 black guard from Roy and the boys. :)

rs_tele.jpg

4 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

The TLE or Bluesboy are definitely on my list. Heck I really wanted to try to build one, but in the end I just want to get one in my hands and connect with it before I buy it. I've been warn thin on trying to buy online and hope to hit the mark the first time. I've been pretty luck as of late, my two main guitars are not going anywhere they are interchangeable even if they are tonally different. 

Research Danocasters, Bubs.  I've purchased four and they are all stellar guitars.  He just gets everything right. 

DSC_0093.jpg

The pink paisley, T-51 and TLE have moved on, but the other two remain. Both custom builds by two brothers here in Minneapolis. The natural is a Warmoth swamp ash body with flame maple top, a Warmoth flame maple neck with ebony fingerboard, Duncan Little 59, Hot Stack and Hot Tele pickups...and a Glaser B-bender. Built by my late friend Bill Schwab. The teal one is a USACG mahogany body with a Warmoth neck, Duncan five-two in the bridge and a Seymourized Mini Humbucker at the neck. It was supposed to be blue but the red in the mahogany turned it teal. Built by Bill's older brother Kevin.

rs14_zpsf0cbde1e-20150211-160222642_zpsw

My 2008 RS Guitarworks Bakersfield that used to live with JES1680...one of the coolest Teles I've ever played.

My Robin Rawhide semi-hollow:

IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

2 hours ago, The Shark said:

I have a Crook just like this one, but don't have any pics of it.  This one might be mine, who knows.  Almost forgot it was in the vault.  Bought it on TGP a couple years ago...

CROOK%20TELE_zpsgylutkys.jpg

That may very well be, I sold it a couple years ago on TGP. It was a one off color scheme for college football team somewhere southeast?  West Virginia maybe? Great guitar. 

There are so many ways that this is (was) NOT a Tele. Maybe a Tele in the same sorta sense as a Hamer Talladega. But the "Twangmeister" was all sorts of cool. Just not me.

One of four Hubers that I posted here back when...... Danged if a dealer did not step in and buy all four before anyone else could respond!Twangmeister2JPG.JPG.e0c9726e29a2bc42a80Twangmeister5jPG.JPG.c0f7cf2e1be55ba371fTwangmeister3jPG.JPG.46ff0dbca64e58a6f84

Meanwhile, I am STILL looking for a Tele I can live with.

1 hour ago, tbonesullivan said:

The gone but not forgotten:

And the "This started life as a tele" signature from Steve Morse:

morse1.jpg

And the tele it was based on:

morsetele.jpg

I may be possibly going the Music Man Route, but before I do anything I must move the G&L. 

Keepin' it simple: 2009 Fender American Vintage '52 Telecaster.

In 2009 I told my wife, "Hey, I know what you can get me for Christmas -- one of those '52 Tele reissues I'm always talking about." I didn't think she'd actually do it. But she did. :)

DSC_0010.jpg

On 3/21/2016 at 5:11 PM, bubs_42 said:

I may be possibly going the Music Man Route, but before I do anything I must move the G&L. 

I see the G&L has moved. Looking for a more tele-like guitar? I've noticed that while EBMM has a bunch of strat-like guitars, they really don't have a true tele. However, they do make great guitars, great quality control and such, and their customer service is off the charts. I sent a bass back because I thought something was wrong with the electronics. Turned out that they just hum on some settings. They replaced the entire preamp and it was still there. They only charged me shipping, and I wasn't even the original owner.

The Morse is a great guitar. It can kinda pull off the telecaster sound with the two inner pickups. Very versatile guitar. probably more versatile than a Phantom.

I also have noticed that now Ibanez is making some "Talman" shape guitars, basically a Strat, a nashville tele, and a normal tele, in their prestige line. I wonder how they stack up.

6 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

The Morse is a great guitar. It can kinda pull off the telecaster sound with the two inner pickups. Very versatile guitar. probably more versatile than a Phantom.

Hush you mouth sir! None of that kind of talk shall be spoken here.  IF, I go that route it will be a Silhouette Special, Albert Lee or an Axis Sport. I was very happy with the last pickup set up I had going in my last Daytona. So if I can get a great sounding neck pickup and a beefy and snappy bridge pickup that is actually useful i'll be happy. It has to be light, comfortable and a joy to play. A great Tele would be awesome, i'm just not going to pigeon hole myself. I'll know it when I play the one. 

2 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Planning to go out and get some wood in my hands today. 

As opposed to this morning?

2 hours ago, Hbom said:

I know this really isn't a Telecaster. But it has high hopes of becoming one soon.

100_2841.JPG

That is going to be sick! I traveled out to GC this morning and found nothing remotely interesting Telecastery. After some easter shopping I stopped by the Flores Music to see it Victor was in and noodle. He was not but I did noodle while the wife played on her phone. I really like the EBMM Silhouette Special, they have 3 but one just has snap on the Low E. Dragan and I had this discussion a while back, that Strats sometimes don't have the quick attach that a Tele has, and actually some Tele's don't either. That quick thump and snap is what i'm looking for, some guitar just sound so damn dead. Pickups, electronics and all that i can deal with but if you don't have a good piece of wood there is no building block. The EBMM plugged in only needed two tweaks. Locked the bridge and swap the bridge single for maybe a little fatter single or a Dimarzio Chopper. We will see, I can't buy everything or heck anything anymore, down to the last couple pennies in the jar. 

6 hours ago, Hbom said:

I know this really isn't a Telecaster. But it has high hopes of becoming one soon.

100_2841.JPG

Frankly, every true gearhead should attempt to build a Tele at least once in their life. I look at it as a rite of passage.

Archived