Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1985 Hamer Sunburst Electraglide SMG FS

Nope, not an April Fool's joke, I'm just not playing in a band setting and have other interests and priorities these days.

Everyone knows this guitar and how awesome and rare it is.  A complete custom order in 1985, I hunted this guitar down for 17 years after seeing it in Sam Moss' shop in Winston-Salem, NC shortly after it arrived. One of only 4-5 carved top originalSunbursts, it just doesn't get much better than this one. Of all of the carved-tops, this one has the nicest figure and color. Guitar is pristine and has been very well cared for over the years and plays and sounds great. One tiny finish chip (visible in big photo) that is a stupidly simple fix. Bottom photo more accurately captures what this one looks like. With original rectangular Hamer HSC with Sam Moss swag included.

Featured in my Hamer book, I'm sure this is one that I'll regret letting go someday. $6000, which is a bit less than the quote I got to build another one when they finally agreed to think about making one a few years back. Not really looking for trades at this point, but there are a VERY few things I might consider as a partial trade, but would still be looking for mostly cash deal.

My HFC box is full, so if interested, email me at 'serialsteve79AThotmailDOTcom'.

011_14A.jpg

DSC_6879.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW! :o That is the "Big Boy" right there!:wub: Coolness is a # 1!...................... Till now you have only seen photos of it [Well most of us anyway] but here it is and it CAN be all yours...................do not wait or hesitate or your loss of this fine guitar will be your fate.:) Good Luck Steve, that IS a marvelous Hamer to be sure!

You dick.

I AM downsizing. No, I REALLY AM downsizing. No, I....YI.....YI.......

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

One of my favorite Hamers ever.

My FAVORITE Hamer ever.  The reason I tried for a decade to get Hamer to build me one.

3 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Would you take another Corvette as a trade? 

What year?

;)

I was trying to think of a non-guitar analog to this guitar. To me, it is the musical equivalent of a Boss 429 Mustang: Custom-built in an extremely small quantity with an emphasis on exceptionally high performance, muscle car features sans a lot of garish bling. 

Except there was more than one Boss 429!

11 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Except there was more than one Boss 429!

True. So...perhaps this is a better analog: 1970 King Cobra prototype styled by Larry Shinoda and powered by a massive, hemi-headed Boss 429 V-8. 

17581_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Archived