Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's been going on in the shop - next chapter

Northfield

But wait...there's more!

Redwood, anyone?

Shshkov shop 083118.jpg

We'll keep the Ball rolling with this one - super smooth Ebony and some killer vintage abalone inlays:

Shishkov shop 090818.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

There’s some incredible stuff showing up from Mike’s shop recently...check THIS out

344612F3-B7DD-4578-A939-94D35D79892D.jpeg

• Like 6

21 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Fantastic, very forward thinking. 6 cigarette holders in the headstock.

I don't know why everyone is "liking" this comment, it's perfects sensible, look at poor Eddie Van Halen, no ciggy holder and all his headstocks are burnt, those guitars are so ruined he'll never get anyone to make an accurate replica of them surely...

6 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I don't know why everyone is "liking" this comment, it's perfects sensible, look at poor Eddie Van Halen, no ciggy holder and all his headstocks are burnt, those guitars are so ruined he'll never get anyone to make an accurate replica of them surely...

There is probably someone who has attempted to make a perfect replica by finding an obsessed fan who kept up with what brands of cigarettes EVH was smoking during different periods of Van Halen, then using that information to search for unused cigarettes of specific brands from those years just so the replica cigarette burns would be as correct as possible. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said:

There is probably someone who has attempted to make a perfect replica by finding an obsessed fan who kept up with what brands of cigarettes EVH was smoking during different periods of Van Halen, then using that information to search for unused cigarettes of specific brands from those years just so the replica cigarette burns would be as correct as possible. 

Malboro Reds....I smoked em 'cause he did. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HAMERMAN said:

I'm liking these!

What's the reason for drawing the control cavity (I assume) on the top?

I was wondering the same thing.

Hamerica

Kiz is pretty much right there - when plotting out the cavity real estate (pot location, orientation, etc.), it's always best to measure twice...maybe thrice...before cutting once.  When you have an extremely expensive maple top, or an even more expensive solid figured maple body, you don't get a second chance!

• Like 2

Just now, cmatthes said:

Kiz is pretty much right there - when plotting out the cavity real estate (pot location, orientation, etc.), it's always best to measure twice...maybe thrice...before cutting once.

Cool! What do I win?!

Bragging rights and a fancy trucker style cap.

Oh, and a shiny new bicycle!

Look for it in your mailbox...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

Wait. A. Minute.

Even if you overnighted that, Chris, it wouldn't get there until tomorrow. Especially a bicycle. I call BS.

Things have been same-day delivered to me before...

Edited by kizanski