Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB asiatic standard Hamer in Europe

Hey Greentail, welcome to the bunch.

I think there are plenty of Hamer fans over there, but maybe not so many extra Standards around. I think you are the 3rd person asking for one in the past couple of years. Keep your eyes open and be patient.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Greentail said:

One here :

https://www.leboncoin.fr/instruments_de_musique/1022215403.htm?ca=2_s

Perhaps a little expensive ?

That is an import Hamer. Not a USA built guitar. The Korean built Hamer's are generally known to be quite good though. I think the XT Hamers where built in China? 600 €uros is pretty expensive for a used import Hamer Standard. Perhaps 400 € would be more in the ballpark in Europe(?)

A nice USA made Standard would cost you somewhere from 2000 US dollars and up I'd say. Very hard to find in Europe, not that many around. Easiest would be to try to find someone to ship it to you from the US.

I think he was asking for an asian made Hamer. Welcome to the boards. You should look out on €400,00 offers for the cherry sunburst version. Duncan designed pickups came with the guitar. Somehow they sell rarely in the EU. Check out Ebay Germany and the German "Ebay Kleinanzeigen". Nothing there right now, but its worth to wait. I own one and it is fantastic.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-kuenstler-musiker/hamer-gitarre/k0c191

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC0.A0.H0.Xhamer.TRS0&_nkw=hamer&_sacat=619

Good luck!

hello guys

thank you; I have three Hamer (Sunburst,SS1,Korea flat top) , I buy them in Europe : but Standards are very rare  : One US standard for sale here but it seems that seller is problematic !!!

I prefer (my bank, my Wife...) an Asian model; I think Asian Hamer came from Korea and China.

Little story :recently I found a Korea Standard in England (gumtree.com) : the guy writes me he don't ship the guitar : too much expensive, too much risks : but ,going to Glasgow (Scotland) from Bordeaux (France) by plane with low cost company (Ryanair) is less expensive : he wants to bring me the guitar to the airport !

hum? everyday I go to my office with my bicycle to save the planet...

• 2 weeks later...
On September 23, 2016 at 4:18 AM, Greentail said:

hello guys

thank you; I have three Hamer (Sunburst,SS1,Korea flat top) , I buy them in Europe : but Standards are very rare  : One US standard for sale here but it seems that seller is problematic !!!

I prefer (my bank, my Wife...) an Asian model; I think Asian Hamer came from Korea and China.

Little story :recently I found a Korea Standard in England (gumtree.com) : the guy writes me he don't ship the guitar : too much expensive, too much risks : but ,going to Glasgow (Scotland) from Bordeaux (France) by plane with low cost company (Ryanair) is less expensive : he wants to bring me the guitar to the airport !

hum? everyday I go to my office with my bicycle to save the planet...

If you want to save the planet consider buying a USA Standard. Pay more get more.  

Look out for one either built in Korea (without the XT footnote) or Indonesia (with the XT footnote). Try to avoid any XT from China. Those weren't reported as good.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Greentail said:

INdonesia model, with XT footnote, thanks to Gorch

I want to do mods : alu backplate , remove bridge cover pickup

Glad I could help. The Indonesians are great guitars. Were built when Fender had taken over control. Now replace any piece of hardware with quality parts. At least I did over the years. :P:D

Enjoy yours and have a great Christmas time.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived