Hamer Fan Club Message Center
prototype-fan

Semi-Hollows?

I'm very impressed with the Shishkov's that I've seen posted on this board thus far. Does anyone know if he plans on building any semi-hollow bodies at some point in the future?

I'm really just curious more than anything else...

• Like 1

I'd be very surprised if anyone here could answer that conclusively bar Mike Shishkov himself.  Probably best to contact him directly for those kind of answers.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DBraz said:

I'd be very surprised if anyone here could answer that conclusively bar Mike Shishkov himself.  Probably best to contact him directly for those kind of answers.

... and post/make him shout out the reply here.

More than one are interested...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DBraz said:

+1!  Besides, it depends on what your definition of 'semi-hollow' is...technically, a chambered guitar is 'semi-hollow', yes?

• Like 1

The Ultimates were chambered, and his single cut model is also chambered.

As far as building a "true" semi-hollow, DBraz nailed it - send Mike an email!  He's often too busy making sawdust fly that he can't check in here as frequently as he might like.

• Like 2

If you're referring to a  semi-hollow with an f-hole similar to an artist, then yes, I have something in the works.  

Edited by Northfield
My typing sucks
  • Like 26

13 hours ago, Northfield said:

If you're referring to a  semi-hollow with an f-hole similar to an artist, then yes, I have something in the works.  

Yes, that's what I meant. Very cool. I was more curious than anything else, so I didn't want to bother Mike with the question unless I was planning on asking him to build something.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Northfield said:

My legs just buckled! 

• Like 3

Where is this mythic creature?

I am trying to be good, so best I do NOT ask Mike any time soon. But if I was to find a path to a semi-hollow korina body (with or without f-holes). korina neck, ebony board, 2 volume and 2 tones and the "right pickups" in the doublecut model,  I just might be falling off the wagon. Hard!

• Like 6

9 hours ago, django49 said:

I am trying to be good, so best I do NOT ask Mike any time soon. But if I was to find a path to a semi-hollow korina body (with or without f-holes). korina neck, ebony board, 2 volume and 2 tones and the "right pickups" in the doublecut model,  I just might be falling off the wagon. Hard!

Just pedal more of that "Junk" you have laying around and order one. 

All you or anyone else has to do is ask for it. Worst he can say is YES. ;) 

You have those who watch from outside the curtain hoping to catch a glimpse of a Unicorn and you have those who pay the money to get behind the curtain. 

• Like 5

Isn't 'Unicorn' the amp you're looking for?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

Isn't 'Unicorn' the amp you're looking for?

And I keep paying to see behind the curtain. I've found the next one after the Xits Sells. 

1 hour ago, bubs_42 said:

Just pedal more of that "Junk" you have laying around and order one. 

All you or anyone else has to do is ask for it. Worst he can say is YES. ;) 

You have those who watch from outside the curtain hoping to catch a glimpse of a Unicorn and you have those who pay the money to get behind the curtain. 

Working on it. Five more guitars sold thus far in 2017, the latest being a "vintage" Martin D-35. Right now I feel a compulsion to keep cleansing before committing to any more purchase commitments. Shishkov will be at the top of the list when I get closer to my goal.

7 minutes ago, django49 said:

Working on it. Five more guitars sold thus far in 2017, the latest being a "vintage" Martin D-35. Right now I feel a compulsion to keep cleansing before committing to any more purchase commitments. Shishkov will be at the top of the list when I get closer to my goal.

My next build is getting closer to starting. It is not going to be flashy, more classy but still fun to see unfold. 

• Like 1

Considering the Improve, and the two "Jazzboxes" Mike made for his daughters, I would thing that it's just a matter of the right time to launch a new model. 

Look at it this way; you'll see a hollow body before I see a bass :(:D

• Like 3

Maybe...maybe not!

• Like 7

well, I now know what I'm going to ask for my 2nd Shishkov order!!

• Like 2

On 2/17/2017 at 3:33 PM, cmatthes said:

Maybe...maybe not!

Spill, or we gut you!

Like I said before, my legs buckle thinking about this... Cannot stop!!!

Edited by 0054

On 2/14/2017 at 9:17 AM, bubs_42 said:

My next build is getting closer to starting. It is not going to be flashy, more classy but still fun to see unfold. 

What number dr.  bubs?

14 minutes ago, 0054 said:

Spill, or we gut you!

Like I said before, my legs buckle thinking about this... Cannot stop!!!

I don't have a crystal ball, but if you're serious (not just kicking tires), contact Mike and talk with him about it!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, cmatthes said:

I don't have a crystal ball, but if you're serious (not just kicking tires), contact Mike and talk with him about it!

^^^^

This prick right above is pushing my buttons and soft spots all at once... will it ever end?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 0054 said:

^^^^

This prick right above is pushing my buttons and soft spots all at once... will it ever end?

Just end it and call, stop fighting it, itch the itch. ;) 

• Like 3

Easier said than done, I still gotta save allowance for 0054... I'm not filled with discretionary funds, but you are giving me some great pointers! LOL. I most likely will discuss with Mike at some point soon.