Hamer Fan Club Message Center

MCChris

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big time. I'm not sure if I should have him email me pics of it with all the parts installed or just send me the damn guitar, because such pics will definitely give me the most maxed out chub this 50-year-old geezer is capable of! I should probably do the former just to make sure everything's how I want it before it gets boxed up, but I have zero worries in that regard. So far Mike has nailed everything, from the flame and color of the top to the veneer on the "keystone" (really pleased with how that came out).

That "Keystone" is a KILLER touch.

6 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

I had to come up with at least one bell/whistle to keep pace with some of the other Shishkov owners! Mine's comparatively pedestrian with the "options."

7 hours ago, cmatthes said:

To be known hereafter as the "Muse Tip" option.

Congrats, Chris - looks great.  Red seems to be a hard color to capture in pics, so I imagine it's going to look that much better in person.

And I'm with you 100% on doing something unique with a custom build.  I did that w/my Private Stock - I wanted to do something different, and I'm not sure where the idea came from, but I'm glad it hit me.

image.tiff

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow, saying the "Muse tip" just bothers me.....the visual is disturbing....

That said, the headstock is the best I have ever seen.....

12 hours ago, cynic said:

I think the tip is a standard feature, the only thing "muse-ish" about it might be the maple and color match.

Yes, I just came up with the idea for the veneer overlay.

Been a while since I've gotten an update. Back down to a 1/2 chub.....:huh:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived