Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB USA Standard UPDATE: Thanks to "Shark"! This search is over

Posted this for a Canadian friend who loves Hamer guitars.  If you prefer you can ship to me in Minnesota and I will sent on to Canada.

He has been looking for a Hamer USA Standard Custom for a couple of weeks so I thought I'd reach out to ask if any of the brethren has one and is willing to part with.  It's going to a member of the family!   Ideally, what he'd most would be one with a flame maple top, '59 burst, in great to excellent condition.

Budget for it is negotiable.

Please contact me via PM or Glenn directly at [email protected]

Thanks gang!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have this one.  Don't have any great pics.  It has first generation GregWinds and push/push pots for single coil sounds.  One tiny solder burn spot on back of guitar.  Otherwise as new.  Violin burst (burst on back too).  Expensive...

Standard1.jpg

On 11/3/2016 at 10:24 PM, The Shark said:

I have this one.  Don't have any great pics.  It has first generation GregWinds and push/push pots for single coil sounds.  One tiny solder burn spot on back of guitar.  Otherwise as new.  Violin burst (burst on back too).  Expensive...

Standard1.jpg

Wow, what a killer color!

11 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Glenn, a voice over talent, decided he liked Bub's Ultimate.  So, I obliged him.  Worked out for everyone. 

You obliged him by selling him Bubs' Ultimate?
I KNOW you're not saying that you sold YOUR Ultimate without contacting me first...

oh, and sell me my Baker back.

13 hours ago, cynic said:

Didn't someone involved have a spare Shishkov laying around?

1 hour ago, The Shark said:

Glenn, a voice over talent, decided he liked Bub's Ultimate.  So, I obliged him.  Worked out for everyone. 

OH!  Damn, I didn't see that coming.  Congrats to the new owner!

Hamerica

3 hours ago, kizanski said:

I KNOW you're not saying that you sold YOUR Ultimate without contacting me first...

Blondie was played at practice last night.  The Baker remains...

8 hours ago, kizanski said:

I might have stepped in before you. B)

• 3 months later...

Greetings to one and all from the Great White North. I know it's been a little while but thanks to Serial Steve and Chris Matthes, as of today, I'm officially on the forum.

(Insert cheers and panty throwing groupies here: ___________________). ;)

From the "credit where credit is due department, my most sincere thanks go to Jake8773 for reaching out to the group on my behalf. Thank you so much, man!!

Secondly, to The Shark - dude, that guitar is about the most spectacular thing I've ever had the pleasure of playing. THANK YOU for making this whole thing come together with the precision and grace of a Swiss watch.

Lastly, thanks to each of you on the forum for fuelling my education (addiction??) of all things Hamer. My wife hates you all. Haha.

Looking forward to contributing what I can to the ongoing conversation. 

Best wishes,

Winter (Glenn)

Shishkov_01.jpg

Archived