Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB USA Standard UPDATE: Thanks to "Shark"! This search is over

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, soli'd said:

Cheers, Winter! That Ultimate is a jaw-dropper.

Welcome to the HFC

Thanks, brother!

On 11/10/2016 at 7:24 AM, Hamerica said:

OH!  Damn, I didn't see that coming.  Congrats to the new owner!

Hamerica

Thanks, Hamerica!

Great to have you aboard, Sir!

39 minutes ago, ArnieZ said:

Welcome! It's been a long day and I'm confused. Did Shark sell you Bubs guitar?

ArnieZ

Thats looks to be the case.:)

Glenn was going to buy my Jazzburst Hamer Standard.  I mentioned that I might sell Bubs Shishkov, if he were interested.  Glenn parlayed the opportunity to buy the Hamer into a deal on the Shishkov.  I'm just surprised he took this long to join the family here.

Glad you're finally "in", Glenn.  Good people reside here. 

15 hours ago, a.bandini said:

Welcome Glenn!  That Ultimate's twin is in my house, and is a great, lovely guitar.   Congratulations!

Fantastic! Would love to see a "family photo". ;) Cheers, man!

10 hours ago, crunchee said:

Welcome, Glenn!  We like to be able to enable.  ;)

I love it. Haha - thanks, man!

12 hours ago, ArnieZ said:

Welcome! It's been a long day and I'm confused. Did Shark sell you Bubs guitar?

ArnieZ

Hey, ArnieZ! Yes. I was originally interested in another guitar - a lovely Standard Custom that Shark had offered to sell but upon seeing the pics of the Ultimate, I decided to go in that direction. It's an amazing instrument and an absolute joy to wring notes out of. 

10 hours ago, serial said:

Glenn is aces-welcome aboard!!

Thank YOU!

14 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

CONGRATS on the guitar!:)...............and WELCOME!, WELCOME!, WELCOME!..............I threw a few extra in for good measure.;)

Haha! A few extra is never too many. ;) At least, that's been my motto... excuse... rationale... explanation... 

15 hours ago, dgstandard said:

Welcome!  and this thread needs more pics!!:)

Thanks, dgstandard! Here ya go!

IMG_2457.jpg

IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2460.jpg

11 hours ago, The Shark said:

I'm just surprised he took this long to join the family here.

Glad you're finally "in", Glenn.  Good people reside here. 

Thanks you, Sir! And I couldn't agree more. Truth is, I would have signed-up earlier and had made a few earlier attempts to sign up but unfortunately, there seemed to be a bit of a technical issue on the sign-up page that has since been fixed. Thanks, Ted!!

22 hours ago, BubbaVO said:

Welcome!  Snagging an Ultimate on your first move here, that's a hell of a way to make an entrance.  :)

Enjoy.

Haha - I must admit, back in September, I'd only just heard it through the grapevine that Mike had struck out on his own and was building these guitars. I've been a fan of Hamer since the early 80's but the trouble was these instruments were rarely, if ever, in the guitar shops near where I grew up. It was only through advertisements / band photos in trade magazines and going to concerts that I came to know and appreciate these guitars. FFWD 37 years, and that appreciation has transformed itself into a full-blown addiction. ;) Thanks to HFC and Reverb, I'm now at the point where I've managed to add a few very nice instruments to my collection and along the way, meet some extraordinary people. The education continues... Thanks so much! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2017 at 1:29 PM, Winter said:

Greetings to one and all from the Great White North. I know it's been a little while but thanks to Serial Steve and Chris Matthes, as of today, I'm officially on the forum.

(Insert cheers and panty throwing groupies here: ___________________). ;)

From the "credit where credit is due department, my most sincere thanks go to Jake8773 for reaching out to the group on my behalf. Thank you so much, man!!

Secondly, to The Shark - dude, that guitar is about the most spectacular thing I've ever had the pleasure of playing. THANK YOU for making this whole thing come together with the precision and grace of a Swiss watch.

Lastly, thanks to each of you on the forum for fuelling my education (addiction??) of all things Hamer. My wife hates you all. Haha.

Looking forward to contributing what I can to the ongoing conversation. 

Best wishes,

Winter (Glenn)

Shishkov_01.jpg

That is a stupid nice guitar!!!!  Hey, I am glad it worked out. This is what The HFC is around for. Guitar dudes helping guitar dudes!

God bless!

Archived