Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FSOT: 1979 Hamer Sunburst, Black Bound & Crowned $2,000 - NOW $1,800

I've decided to let go of one of my two 79 Sunbursts. Given I've gone hog wild on some purchases lately, I'm going to keep the "lesser" of the two (though that's not really correct, they're both phenomenal guitars) and offer my Black Bound & Crowned Sunburst.

It's certainly not a pristine example, but is pretty clean and in good shape nonetheless. The "issues" that move this guitar away from 100% original are:

At some point in its life, someone installed 3 mini switches below the pickup selector. They were removed, the holes filled and refinished by BCR Greg (this all happened before I owned the guitar). It's a good repair, but not invisible. I took the best picture I could.

It doesn't have a huge neck, more of a medium carve. I took some measurements. The width of the neck is a hair over 1 5/8" at the nut and 2" at the 12th fret. The depth is 13/16 at the nut and 7/8 at the 12th fret.

The pickups, I believe, are original but they could just be period correct Dimarzios. 

The previous owner had the guitar wired so that only the first 2 control knobs work for a master volume and master tone.

It's been refretted with Dunlop 6105 wire and I had a bone nut cut and installed at the same time.

I know it sounds like a lot, but it remains a fairly clean example of an early Sunburst and plays and sounds just as you would expect.

Original case is included, it's a little beat up and the bottom latch is broken. But the hinges and other latches are solid.

$2,000 shipped and paypal'd - NOW $1,800  Will consider trades. I'm not looking for anything in particular, though. Maybe a cool Studio Custom.

A few pics below, more pics here:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AoLRRT1O_HxXn3jg7P4nF9CxCm8M

y3mcTtL4a1pgdubqPeezf8A0OesfYwYR_2wy6-0w

y3mKwDQDcW4aDqMZJAPGaigjEyl7ABG5xcYJlca0

y3m9_T528S64Wh81zopQfp_KH17d9wTEzKMQUu2o

Black Hamer Sunbursts...............from 79 are the bomb for me...............needless to say.;) Very nice looking guitar and I wish you the best  with a quick sale...............someone will get a fine guitar to be sure.:)

Beautiful..! Wish I was in the position to make an offer, but I just bought a PRS Custom 24 and can't swing it right now.. Always wanted one just like that..!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, pirateflynn said:

What's the neck like on this beauty? 

Good question. It's not a huge neck, more of a medium carve. I took some measurements. The width of the neck is a hair over 1 5/8" at the nut and 2" at the 12th fret. The depth is 13/16 at the nut and 7/8 at the 12th fret.

Archived