Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2008 Talladega 59’ Burst. Thinning the herd (TTH) sale.

DSC02769_zpsa5s2rdyp.jpg

DSC02761_zpsttksx0kr.jpg

DSC02760_zpsg9fb7668.jpg

DSC02688_zpsvi7bptbt.jpg

DSC02699_zpsp6dsjdmx.jpg

DSC02698_zpsxxcq3ut9.jpg

DSC02696_zpsxa3bnish.jpg

DSC02687_zpszu1zy8ay.jpg

DSC02681_zpshckitxd3.jpg

DSC02677_zps1eqtmeie.jpg

COA%202008%201959%20Burst%20Talladega_zp

I own two Talladega’s - so I haven't completely lost my mind (yet).  I’ve struggled over whether or not I should sell this guitar for months now.   This one is very tough to let go. 

The 59’ burst color is incredible and the flame is absolutely nuts – it looks 3D when you move the guitar in light.  The color and flame are both very hard to adequately capture with my sucky photography skills – my apologies up front. 

It’s a Hamer so all the superlatives apply and the Talladega part is self-explanatory.   I believe I’m the third owner.  I bought this from Pat (Jake8733) who I believe bought it from the original owner (I’m not certain on this).   I do not think Pat owned it very long.  It is in fantastic shape with no noticeable dings, scratches or dents.    The only marks are faint swirls and very faint scuffs that will all polish out of you are so inclined.  It has very little fret-wear, barely detectable on the bottom few frets.  There is a bit of tarnishing on the bridge pickup cover that could also be polished out.   This Talladega plays and sounds exactly as it should and is outstanding in every capacity.  The factory hard shell case is in equally great shape - keys and wrench.  No issues.

Somebody please buy this before I play it again and change my mind.  :wacko:

$2200.00 Paypal as a gift.  Insured shipping is on the buyer to the CONUS.  Sorry, but I am not interested in any trades right now. 

Hell, what a top! My Tally Pro was made only 60 guitars later and is of similar 3D-ness. It is looks like contour lines in a map of musical landscape.

GLWTS

3 minutes ago, ptm1diver said:

Beautiful guitar.  Best of luck.  I almost bought one a while back but am not a fan of the v neck shape.   It's a shame because they are great guitars.   

My 2 Talladegas, together with the similar constructed Monaco Super Pro, are the most lively, vibrant guitars in my stable by far.

They ring evenly from headstock to strap pin.

And from there, directly into my ribcage and breastbone

Only a 2012 St. Blues Bluesmaster comes close to that, too.

NICE....!!!!

10 hours ago, Dave Scepter said:

These have V shape necks?

I don't notice the V neck unless I think about it.  The Double D pickups are perfect in the Talladega.  I own a lot of guitars and nothing sounds like the Talladega.  This looks like a nice one.

I know it isn't the same but it reminds me of this "Tele Paul"...

Tele  Paul.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have been lucky enough to have 3 Talladegas pass thru my hands, IMO, it is an indispensible Hamer guitar. Nothing else quite like it.  I am not letting the third one get away.

• 2 months later...

Archived