Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Triple Threat Pickups?

I remember this one at Dave's in LaCrosse...............what a beauty! Duncan Pickups, but Chris M. said they were quote "Specially designed, wound and numbered pickups" Here is the DG listing of a TT from long ago which mentions the pickups...............is that correct? maybe one of the experts can comment. Regardless very cool guitars!:):wub:

1 hour ago, sixesandsevens said:

No insider info here.  I saw one listing on reverb that said it had Antiquities in it.  Are the TT pickups maybe based on the Ants?

Perhaps Special designed, wound and numbered Seymour Duncan Antiquities.:unsure:

FWIW, the sound of the Triple Threat, with the original pickups, is great. Better than "comparable" Hamers, IMO. Pick your own reason. That said, of the three I have had, the one I ended up keeping has been upgraded with new pickups.....A nice step up from stock. YMMV and all that.

12 hours ago, django49 said:

FWIW, the sound of the Triple Threat, with the original pickups, is great. Better than "comparable" Hamers, IMO.

I whole-heartedly agree. The '59s sounded better in that Triple Threat than any other guitar I heard them in, which is 95% of the Hamers I have owned. I loved everything about the TT, but I could never get past that hefty neck carve and ended up moving it to someone here on the HFC (can't remember who).

• 7 months later...

Archived