Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Pedalboard Pron

bubs_42

Tweaked and cleaned up a bit. 

Replaced a J Rockett Hooligan fuzz with the Phat Mod and the Surf Rider is subbing in for an Empress Moon Phaser. 

EA54FD6D-8D14-4BEC-81AA-C327F0A21DF8.jpeg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/7/2018 at 6:05 PM, Sugartune said:

Tweaked and cleaned up a bit. 

Replaced a J Rockett Hooligan fuzz with the Phat Mod and the Surf Rider is subbing in for an Empress Moon Phaser. 

EA54FD6D-8D14-4BEC-81AA-C327F0A21DF8.jpeg

Are the black and yellow insert cables driving the two amp inputs? If so, that's pretty clever!

3 hours ago, RobB said:

Are the black and yellow insert cables driving the two amp inputs? If so, that's pretty clever!

The two sides of the D&M Drive can be split so you can use both sides independently when using a bypass or programmable looper: 

I’ve got the M side first (Klon like circuit), the Phat Mod next, followed by the D side (OD).

Driving two amps would work using those cables though. Might run into phase issues that way, since the pedal isn’t designed as a stereo output, nor has a phase inverter.  

That is a sweet and simple setup. Did you ever run the Orangutan through one of the Dr Z Cabs? I did with one loaded with a G12H30 and a Gold. The larger cab make huge difference in the tone. I asked 3 Monkeys if they would build me a Larger Cab with 2 10 inch speakers, but it never happened. A 30 watt version of that amp with the MV in a larger cab would be super hard to beat. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2018 at 6:19 AM, bubs_42 said:

That is a sweet and simple setup. Did you ever run the Orangutan through one of the Dr Z Cabs? I did with one loaded with a G12H30 and a Gold. The larger cab make huge difference in the tone. I asked 3 Monkeys if they would build me a Larger Cab with 2 10 inch speakers, but it never happened. A 30 watt version of that amp with the MV in a larger cab would be super hard to beat. 

I'm from Canada and they think I'm slow, eh? Quick to respond...

I did run it through a Z cab, as well as the Orangutan itself. PCNS (Dude on Z-Talk forum) makes these cables (Parallel?) That allows you to split a single 8 ohm tap to use two 8 ohm loads. It was pretty nice. For me, it was the perfect home amp, didn't quite cut it with the band for anything other than grit. There's an orange sparkle sock monkey at a Long & McQuade within driving distance for 900 Canadian. It's taking a lot to not grab it. There's also a Trap Cab that just dropped from $900 to $500. I really want it and hope to land a head down the road, but have zero need for a 5th cabinet to sit around collecting dust. I'll let it do that in the store until the price comes down further ;)  

The latest. Cleaned up even more. Got rid of the cluster of stereo cable for the D&M and replaced them with these, which is something I've been wishing for forever. Highly recommended if you use any stereo break outs, to no longer have to use those clunky things. Someone else here mentioned their flat patch cables recently, which are very cool too. They also have flat TRS cables. So good!

Re-arranged the board slightly. Better use of space and new and improved foot accessibility, removed Keeley Super Phad Mod and added JHS Kilt and a remote switch to change the gain stage on the fly. Goes from a nice light grit to a searing gated fuzz. Very cool sounding and useful. 

IMG_2629(1).JPG

Archived