Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2017 Challenge

JimiH

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been steadily plugging away at my original(s) creation with my band Critical Mess. I've already arrived at one finalized, although, unpolished song. I have several more in the works, including a few possibilities of some 'cross-the-pond-collaboration with one of our HFC brethren as well as some with some old band mates from college ! Very exciting, creative times, indeed!

Here's a lil' teaser of a snippet from one of the upcoming new Critical Mess tunes: Egyptian Tomb! (apologies for the rough execution and craptastic iPhone footage)

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2017 at 2:11 PM, diablo175 said:

I've been steadily plugging away at my original(s) creation with my band Critical Mess. I've already arrived at one finalized, although, unpolished song. I have several more in the works, including a few possibilities of some 'cross-the-pond-collaboration with one of our HFC brethren as well as some with some old band mates from college ! Very exciting, creative times, indeed!

Here's a lil' teaser of a snippet from one of the upcoming new Critical Mess tunes: Egyptian Tomb! (apologies for the rough execution and craptastic iPhone footage)

That's got a cool groove.  Like it.

My solo album “Escondido Canyon Road” was released on Bandcamp and the second half of my 2017 challenge, a collaboration album by AC Rev is in mixdown. It should make it out by year’s end barring any unseen complications.

5 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

My solo album “Escondido Canyon Road” was released on Bandcamp and the second half of my 2017 challenge, a collaboration album by AC Rev is in mixdown. It should make it out by year’s end barring any unseen complications.

Went to the top of the thread and saw your statement very early this year. You are definitely delivering. I'm pulling my hat, Sir!

I am now mastering the songs in the collaboration album....4 Down, 6 to go.  Then create an album cover and upload to cdBaby, iTunes, Bandcamp, etc...

Almost there.

On 13.11.2017 at 1:58 AM, Jakeboy said:

I am now mastering the songs in the collaboration album....4 Down, 6 to go.  Then create an album cover and upload to cdBaby, iTunes, Bandcamp, etc...

Almost there.

Go, go, go,... B)

• 4 weeks later...

Finishing up my final mixes and hope to decide on the songs to put in the album soon.  Don't think I'll complete it all by the end of 2017 but I'll be close.  Have 5 or 6 songs mixed and just have to pick a few more and finish them up.  

You don't know Jack!

Ironically, the collaboration album by A.C. Rev has been done for weeks. It sounds awesome.....50s style rock and roll....so I believe I completed the challenge....but, the album is in draft for online awaiting album art that likely won’t be done until after the new year.

My 2018 challenge is to release an A.C. Rev album that is 70s Blues-rock to hard rock....my musical home. I am writing now. The 50s project was soooo easy...the songs just flowed. 

This 2018 project should take a bit longer, as I hope the parts are a little more difficult...maybe some harmony leads with Aaron. If I can keep up. He is really good.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to come up a little late on my 2017 challenge as I've been involved pretty deeply in a family issue that has literally taken all my time the last 8 or 9 weeks.... I'm still gonna finish but the end product is probably 2 months away still. (the Badfinger cover).

Sadly, I wasn't able to get the other two tunes we had in the works finalized. This one was as close to "finalized" as I could get. Call it a "rough demo" but overall,  it's very much what I hoped would come of my collaborative relationship with the rest of the guys in Critical Mess.

Done. The artwork made it in and the AC Rev album dropped 27 December.   The songs for that album came fast and furious...it was simply a matter of getting the recordings done and then mixed, etc.

The songs for the 2018 album will be more involved, so I need to release one new album in 2018. If it gets done early, then an ep will be added.

Archived