Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB Wilkinson HT-100 bridge for reecntly purchased 1997 T-51

Having sealed the deal on a 1997 T-51 that has a non-original bridge, I am now in search of (and I am well aware these are rarer than hen's teeth) a Wilkinson HT-100 bridge. Michael, the seller, tells me the baseplate and some of the saddles will be included, so maybe if anyone has any saddle parts available that might work as well. Thanks, and drive through, please.

Something like this?  3 hole mount  2 3/4" x 1 1/2" It may be a hardtail strat bridge now that I think about it. I've had it for a long time.

DSC01066.JPG

Yes, I think I could make that work. I've attached what the bridge looks like and I have the baseplate and am fairly confident the saddle parts are interchangeable. What would you take for yours? Thanks, Ian

1994 Hamer.jpg

59 minutes ago, kanegon said:

I could use the screws (height and compensation) from a couple of those pontoons if you don't need them all. Mine are stripped... Thanks!

Ebay my friend. They don't cost much. 

Oh and the Mounting Holes for the Hardtail and the T51 Bridge are not the same. I have both on my table at the moment. IF at all possible I would like to buy this Bridge shown so I can return the borrowed bridge I have from another forum member. 

DSC04547_zpsxpog3omc.jpg

I would have never guessed the saddles weren't the same between vs100 and ht100, but the adjustment screws are the same , right? Yes, the lock screws are impossible to find. I took mine off because it was overly complicated and imprecise. Seems when I lock it down, other parts go outa whack!. 

(edit, think you meant just the attachment screw placement. The HT100  is vintage, so isn't the hardtail VS or whatever also vintage, except it's 3 hole like hardtail strats and 72 thinline?)

IMG_9865.JPG

The wilkis are all different, and if memory serves me  the bridge on a T51 does NOT say Wilkinson on it. I think hamer spec'd them that way ?

That hardtail is a wilki Ht-100

Great news! I received Duncans hardtail Strat Wilkinson bridge and the saddles fit perfectly on the Wilkinson HT-100 (for T-51) bridge plate.

Additionally, I am not a humbucker guy, so I am going to live with the currently installed humbuckers for a while  (love them so far), but have a Dimarzio Pre B1 and a GFS Mean 90 neck on deck in case I wanna go back to single coils.

W1a.jpg

W2a.jpg

sca.jpg

Okay, I replaced the '59 Duncan neck pickup and Duncan Pearly Gates Jr for Tele bridge pickup with a GFS Mean 90 neck pickup and DiMarzio Pre B1 Tele bridge pickup, added heavy knurl knobs, white pickguard, Rutters angled switch pickguard, 250k pots and of course the restored Wilkinson HT-100 bridge. Its a very  sweet Tele. Single coils brought back the chime for me and amazingly I don't hear any added noise with the single coils.

1997 T51 1a.jpg

1997 T51 2a.jpg

3 hours ago, McT51 said:

Rutters angled switch pickguard

I think that is a major improvement. Might have to invest in one of those. Nice guitar!

• 11 months later...
On 1/15/2017 at 11:33 PM, kanegon said:

I would have never guessed the saddles weren't the same between vs100 and ht100, but the adjustment screws are the same , right? Yes, the lock screws are impossible to find. I took mine off because it was overly complicated and imprecise. Seems when I lock it down, other parts go outa whack!. 

(edit, think you meant just the attachment screw placement. The HT100  is vintage, so isn't the hardtail VS or whatever also vintage, except it's 3 hole like hardtail strats and 72 thinline?)

IMG_9865.JPG

Gents, I'm resurrecting this thread in hopes of finding a part in this picture that I broke tonight while improperly adjusting the saddle height on my Wilkinson bridge on a T-51 that I have.   Searching the web led me back to the HFC and the above picture.   

The part in question is the brass saddle plate that the saddle lock screw tightens into from above (the female "nut" for the male "bolt").   In this picture one of these things is shown just underneath the saddle, and it is kind of pointing at the saddle.   Five others can be seen from the bottom side of the bridge plate.   

Anyone have one I can purchase, or know where I can buy one (or more)?  I've searched, but am not sure what they are even properly called.  

I've included a picture of the guitar in question.  

Note to self:  In the future, loosen the damn lock screw before raising the saddle height.  

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.   Best, Bill M

IMG_1797.JPG

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/hamer-usa-telecaster-bruecke-wilkinson-ht-100/773349671-74-1182

This ad about a t51-bridge was on German ebay mid December.

The seller is a member here, as well.

Write him via ebay. He lives in the Netherlands/EU.

Found him on the HFC: http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/profile/103383-will1965/

Good luck, those bridges are hard to find...

Archived