Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Coolest Rhythm Parts Ever

Hamerhack

Mickx2 and Keith on Brown Sugar. Keith and Brian on Get Off My Cloud and 19th Nervous Breakdown. 

John Lennon on All My Loving.

8 hours ago, HamerDave said:

Anything Malcom Young. Yeah they're simplistic and mostly the same but damn, they drive those songs...

The thing with Malcolm and Angus is not always, but sometimes they're playing different inversions or slightly different parts, similar to some of the Stones' work.  Makes it all sound even bigger.  

The rhythm under the verses of Walk This Way is eminently funky and extremely cool to play...as is Sight For Sore Eyes off Draw The Line

i always loved EVH's rhythm work on Romeo Delight.....

11 hours ago, Hamerhack said:

A couple of my favorites.

What are yours?

Back in '92, my band was looking for a Van Halen cover to work up in order to round out a set list.  The consensus from the other four guys was "Beautiful Girls". Had a blast learning it, but damn, that was a tough one to pull off live. Mad respect for Edward. 

12 hours ago, Gabe said:

Chic - Le Freak (Nile Rodgers)

Exactly!

Boney M - Rasputin

So many cool parts. I never remember them until I hear them, mr short time memory.... BUT, I have had this groove in my head all morning. Nile Rogers, king of the rythm guitar.

This, of course, is his absolute classic. Did I hear COOOL_

EDIT; Prince guitar work on KISS also comes to mind. That is one hell of a cool rythm part.

Plus on Steve Stevens rythm playing back in the day. Also like Warren De Martinis rythm playing, and Robins, on the older Ratt records. But Warrens playing is great on the later Ratt albums as well.

And loads of Meshuggah songs. When it comes to palm muting rythm riff excess Thordendahl and Hagström are the best.

Beautiful Girls and Walk This Way and anything by AC/DC as already mentioned are great. Take Your Whisky Home by VH is great, too. Pretty much almost anything by Brian Setzer (for the rockabilly and swing). Hot For Teacher, I'm The One and The Full Bug all have that great EVH boogie. Oh, and Mean Street is one of my favorite EVH grooves as well.

In a different direction, I always fond of Jerome Smith and hypnotized by the riffing on George McRae's - Rock Your Baby.

Found this lovingly done tribute and it's 5 minutes of guilty pleasure. Want a Tele back in the house more than ever. Two, actually. One that sounds spanky, one that sounds Keef

50 minutes ago, Rockola said:

In a different direction, I always fond of Jerome Smith and hypnotized by the riffing on George McRae's - Rock Your Baby.

Found this lovingly done tribute and it's 5 minutes of guilty pleasure. Want a Tele back in the house more than ever. Two, actually. One that sounds spanky, one that sounds Keef

Then look into the Hamer Slammer Series Teles. I have one and replaced the pickups although the the stock pickups were very good. Here are a few. May be some on eBay! I think you.will be pleased and upgrade the pickup to your liking if need be. 

http://www.musicgoround.com/p/664205/used-hamer-slammer-electric-guitar-black

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Hamer/SLAMMER-SINGLECUT-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc

Good luck! 

Archived