Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Let's see your Doutone Customs

IMG_0314.jpg

Still got a few hangin' about....The one of the far right is gone. Then there is ol' silver:

DUOCfront_zps5282ddb1.jpg

:wub:

Here's yours truly (sloppily) banging Ana's Duotone. It's not a custom, but I love it the same. I have a weak spot for that model:

6 minutes ago, zorrow said:

:wub:

Here's yours truly (sloppily) banging Ana's Duotone. It's not a custom, but I love it the same. I have a weak spot for that model:

That was cool Zorrow.

I love the face's we all make when we play. My son taped me once without my knowledge I was horrified and laughing my ass off at the same time when he showed it to me!

Got back from two weeks in Hawaii last night. There's three feet of snow on the ground here, talk about a wake up call.

Here are my two Duotone Customs, both seen here before. I also have a '94 three holer.

The one on the left is a custom order that BCR Greg and I dreamed up. It's a 2005. Custom appointments (different than a stock Duotone) are: flame maple top, ebony fretboard, maple overlay on headstock, iced tea burst, bound F-hole, Lollar P90s, gold hardware. At one point I sold it to DavidE and it was gone for about a year and a half, but he sold it back to me. Was my #1 gigging guitar for a long time (till I got my Superpro).

The Jazzburst on the right is a 2004 that I bought from HFCer Dominic about a year ago. It has Lollar Imperial Low Winds in it and I keep it strung with 12's. It's killer!

295a4594-0fe0-4757-a9a4-8591a6459145_zps

RSK_0806_zps1ecd3134.jpg

CamstoneDuocase.jpg

CamstoneDuo.jpg

My old one, eventually went to a friend of Geoff Hartwell's

Ebony board, 10 crowns.  it left the house with a Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge.  Very nearly a "take only one guitar to the gig" guitar.  For the "folk 'n' roll with a bad attitude" stuff we did (and much more) it was just the ticket.

Duotone Custom Resized.jpg

My old one, eventually went to a friend of Geoff Hartwell's

Ebony board, 10 crowns.  it left the house with a Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge.  Very nearly a "take only one guitar to the gig" guitar.  For the "folk 'n' roll with a bad attitude" stuff we did (and much more) it was just the ticket.

In action, shows off the "acoustic" side pretty well.  Likely there was a little neck pickup rolled in as well.

Archived