Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Left without comment

LucSulla

You guys are kidding, right?  

Jeez.  That guy was as painful to watch as Brentrocks.  That was awful in every way!

That guy is only 44? 

Yikes.  Maybe he should lay off the YooHoo/Starbucks.  He looks closer to 64.

19 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

That guy is only 44? 

Yikes.  Maybe he should lay off the YooHoo/Starbucks.  He looks closer to 64.

I watched this to get the drama or whatever with Chapman guitars, which is sad on my part. When your idea of drama is spats between gear geeks and small time guitar manufacturers, it doesn't say much for you. 

But yeah, when he said he was 44, I thought to myself, " Holy shit, this guy is only About 7 years older than me?"

Exactly like Brentrocks.  It's so bad, you have to look.

4 minutes ago, LucSulla said:

For a guy who has dubbed himself "The Tone KIng," I found his choice of a Line 6 Spyder V for that demo to be very adventurous.  I supposed it certainly does have a tone of sorts. 

Tone fit for a King.

Here, King!  Here, King!

44 years old you say? I'm 7 years older than that dude and right about now, I'm feeling mighty positive about my comparative health and appearance. And I damned sure know how much a Diablo is worth in market these days. ;)

I watched him about 5 years ago for a few demos when I was buying gear. I thought he'd be long gone by now. Banned like Brent. While I type this I'm listening to him. I tuned in to hear about Chapman guitars as my buddy Leo pimps those. I thought about buying one if I ever make any money again. But now I understand they aren't going to offer any rosewood fretboards in the future because of the CITES new regs, which totally sucks. 

I'm not going to be able to listen to the complete video at any rate. Can someone tell me what happened at NAMM? I watched Leo's video of NAMM and it looked like a great time. 

4 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

I watched him about 5 years ago for a few demos when I was buying gear. I thought he'd be long gone by now. Banned like Brent. While I type this I'm listening to him. I tuned in to hear about Chapman guitars as my buddy Leo pimps those. I thought about buying one if I ever make any money again. But now I understand they aren't going to offer any rosewood fretboards in the future because of the CITES new regs, which totally sucks. 

I'm not going to be able to listen to the complete video at any rate. Can someone tell me what happened at NAMM? I watched Leo's video of NAMM and it looked like a great time. 

Nothing really.  Chapman guitars asked him to put his camera up at a pre-show thing.  He said he wasn't recording, which he probably wasn't. But I think he was butthurt that they didn't treat him like a best buddy.   Internet tribalism ensued, and a Hamer was called a Kramer. 

Just now, LucSulla said:

Nothing really.  Chapman guitars asked him to put his camera up at a pre-show thing.  He said he wasn't recording, which he probably wasn't. But I think he was butthurt that they didn't treat him like a best buddy.   Internet tribalism ensued, and a Hamer was called a Kramer. 

Well. I got as far as hearing him calling the Hamer  Kra..... Turned it off cause it reminded me of 5 years ago when I turned him off. I can tell you without seeing it that he was probably an "asshole American" perceived by a "kind European". 

My 100%, pulling-it-out-of my-ass, all supposition take of this is. He has a music video up, at the end of which he is putting his gear into a very nice Audi.  I used to work in the cigar business, and I imagine boutique cigars are not unlike boutique guitars - products made overseas, trade-show oriented, and more than a few people with a lot of money who want to look like insiders with access.  And the money counts for a lot when you are a little start-up cigar brand, and I bet it is no different for guitars.  Here is this guy who seems really into what you do, is throwing money around, and it talking you up big time.  Sometimes they are really cool people, and you'd have them around anyway.   Sometimes they aren't, and but some companies will put up with them at a trade show because they are useful, at least to a point. 

A lot of boutique brands kind of stumble across the power of relationship marketing in today's media environment.  Then some folks, like the guys at Anderton's, who are partners with Rob Chapman in Chapman guitars, really get it it.  They've done a fantastic job of creating popular content that fostered a community and then positioned a product as a way to be part of that community.  You buy a Chapman as much because you get to feel like you are hanging with Chappers and The Captain as much as whatever the guitar actually does to a lot of their customers. 

The problem comes the moment a member of that community realizes that, at the end of the day, they are still just a customer.  That happens a lot at trade shows because that is where the uber-fanboys with the money to travel have the most time to be around the owners of these businesses. 

Chapman completely redesigned everything and launched a completely new line-up this year, which I've heard they were very nervous about going into NAMM.  Apparently, they were trying to control what was hitting the net prior to the official start of NAMM.  So a noted YouTuber, "The Tone KIng" shows up standing next to the booth with a camera, and they asked that he get away from the booth.  My guess is this was TTK's moment of peripeteia where he was forced to realize that despite the hangs and the videos, he was still, at the end of the day, just a customer.  2017 being 2017, he then made a video about it. 

5 hours ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

Sorry WTF is this bloke on about?

+1.  Holding a Diablo isn't enough to get me even vaguely interested, Hamer or not.

4 hours ago, hamerhead said:

I think it's like a car wreck, Steve - you don't want to look, but you can't not.

I couldn't spare the time to watch more than the first minute or so.  If this is a car wreck, it's the most BORING one I've seen in a long time.  <_<

Let me know when all those amps fall over on top of him.  That might be worth watching on video.  ;)

2 minutes ago, crunchee said:

+1.  Holding a Diablo isn't enough to get me even vaguely interested, Hamer or not.

I couldn't spare the time to watch more than the first minute or so.  If this is a car wreck, it's the most BORING one I've seen in a long time.  <_<

Let me know when all those amps fall over on top of him.  That might be worth watching on video.  ;)

There was nothing here I suspected would be of any interest beyond freaking out over a guitar with a jack on the side and then doing whatever that was on a diablo.  Treat it more as a Hamer sighting in the wild, lol. 

I personally enjoyed the chuckle, LucSulla!  

I just wish I could get back what time I did invest in watching that idiot.

Archived