Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1978 Four Digit Standard Blueburst #0096

Everybody knows this one-a true one-of-a-kind, this is THE only bound and crowned blueburst Standard ever made and the first of three blueburst four digits.  This guitar is a stunningly beautiful example of the earliest handmade Hamers and is also the last Hamer (datewise, there is one later serialed Standard) with the oblong Gibson-style control cavity.  This one came to me in near mint condition except for a headstock break, which was expertly repaired over a decade ago and is pretty much invisible and strong as they come.. I've gigged this one over the years without a single issue. This guitar literally has the 'Budokan' sound-I've owned around two dozen Standards and this one captures that sound better than any of them.

This guitar is featured in my book under Standards. Very difficult to put a price on this one, but I'll put out $7500 with OHSC. I'm not gigging with the band anymore, so I'm clearing up some space.

Feel free to make me an offer-not really looking for guitar stuff unless you have a Norlin LP Standard in sunburst...;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

One of the prettiest Standards ever. 

14 hours ago, serial said:

Everybody knows this one-a true one-of-a-kind ...

Feel free to make me an offer-not really looking for guitar stuff unless you have a Norlin LP Standard in sunburst...;)

Just to be a dick the size of a school bus and because the window of shameless show-offness and self-promotion presented itself ... this monster from '76 isn't FSOT and you're in a LONG line of suitors if for some reason it became available. LOL!!

But if/when you land one, you send it to me with a small upgrade budget and you won't miss the blueburst one little bit ...

IMG_8292.jpg

That's the one guitar I've always wanted, but never picked up.. Well that and an antigua Tele...

Pagin' KofSeattle! Pagin' KofSeattle! Pagin' KofSeattle! B)

ETA: Very nice guitar! And one I'll never own.

Well, I've had some success with trades of other stuff in the past (traded a few guitars for a Corvette a couple years back) and I saw the trade on a nice Fano for a watch, so what the hell...I can be creative.

To that end, I could consider partial trades with firearms, depending on what you might have... really looking for a decent P08 Luger, but have other things I'm interested in (not looking for wheel guns or shotguns or Glock stuff).

Another C-3 Corvette wouldn't be something I'd have a problem with either ;)

9 hours ago, serial said:

Well, I've had some success with trades of other stuff in the past (traded a few guitars for a Corvette a couple years back) and I saw the trade on a nice Fano for a watch, so what the hell...I can be creative.

To that end, I could consider partial trades with firearms, depending on what you might have... really looking for a decent P08 Luger, but have other things I'm interested in (not looking for wheel guns or shotguns or Glock stuff).

Another C-3 Corvette wouldn't be something I'd have a problem with either ;)

Now that's what I like to see, guitars for guns !!!

What , no Heckler and Koch  wants ?

BTW; On your official retirement from playing in a band, " Welcome to civilian life " !

I've cut band shows down to a small handful of high-pay ($500-1k/per man) corporate gigs a year.  Still keeping busy playing more acoustic gigs, but nowhere near the 40-50 dates a year I was doing. bI only need my Duotone for those!

On 2/22/2017 at 10:29 AM, gorch said:

Pagin' KofSeattle! Pagin' KofSeattle! Pagin' KofSeattle! B)

ETA: Very nice guitar! And one I'll never own.

If I had the money, definitely. Bad timing and I'm keeping my guns :) Cheers and damn fine guitar!

Lawyer wants guns or money for Hamer 4-digit standard.

Wasn't that a song by Warren Zevon?

Oh wait, that was Lawyers, Guns and Money, and Warren had an early 4-digit Standard.

And I WISH I had the money for yours, Steve.

38 minutes ago, kilroy said:

Bump:ph34r:

Serial is the man for all 4-digits and that's a rare beauty for sure

Kilroy...

Yes, it has been years...

Hey Kilroy,

Very nice to see you back here.

Welcome back!

Do you still have the set of very beautiful purple guitars?

Gabe :)

...add $6,700 shipping, you may just have a deal!

Archived