Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Gravelin Pickups Spring Cleaning

Ok, so it's not quite spring yet but my parts supply was running low and my shop in a state of disarray so I cleaned/organized my 4 benches and shelves, did a full and complete inventory assessment and wanted to offer up a bunch of pickups using the new old stock parts, some new parts I've found that I forgot I had, as well as some refurbished/rewound pickups that I don't need and/or have no use for. This will be an ongoing post/thread and I will keep updating and adding more pickups until everything is gone.

All completed pickups will ship within 24 hours (M-F, of course), and all prices include shipping!

1. NEW Ult+ bridge HB, Alnico 2 -- SOLD --

2. NEW Lester+ bridge HB, Alnico 5 -- SOLD --

3. NEW B-Stock Lester Std. bridge HB, Alnico 2 -- SOLD --

4. PROTOTYPE Lester+ bridge HB. 8.71k, Zebra, Unoriented Alnico 5, 4 conductor wire, refurbished short leg frame, 49.2mm spacing, unplated vintage PAF-correct steels, and 42 PE wire. This pickup has been in/out of a few different guitars and sounds great in everything. Excellent, excellent rock/blues tones and cascades into musical feedback like a total champion. With its slightly aged patina, it'll look right at home in your gently used guitar. Nice price. $85.00

4%20Lester%20Plus%20Prototype_zpsjydxyvl

4. NEW GP90 Bridge. Alnico 5 -- SOLD --

5%20P90%20Black_zpse224afzf.jpg

6. NEW Stratocaster Neck position -- SOLD --

6%20Strat%20Single%20Coil_zpsczjwldur.jp

Thanks Jake. I really love what I do and I try to make each pickup the best it can possibly be. I started with it in 1997 - next month will be 20 years, doing it for 7 professionally, and I learn something new every day and still enjoy what I do immensely.

Here's a few more pickups, and I'll be putting more up on the chopping block later!

7. USED/REFURB Epiphone bridge HB, Alnico 8 -- SOLD --

7%20Epi%20AL8%20MOd_zpszgqtzogz.jpg

8. USED/REFURB Gibson 500T bridge HB -- SOLD --

8%20Gibson%20500T_zpszko5e2hj.jpg

9. NEW B-Stock 1949 Fender Champion lapsteel replica  -- SOLD --

9%20Fender%20Champion%2049B_zpscuyfqtfl.

10. PROTOTYPE Lester neck HB -- SOLD --

10%20Lester%20Neck_zpscyithfyy.jpg

11. PROTOTYPE Lester+ bridge HB, --SOLD--

11%20Lester%20Plus%20Bridge_zpsegrurnzi.

Donner, it's true that the Champion replica has been snatched up - and my fault for not noting that in the post. Fixed!

That said, if you want a Tele bridge pickup I'd be happy to build one in the exact same way except with normal Telecaster flatwork (the black top and bottom) so that it'll drop straight in. By the way, the wind specifications were taken directly off of a 1949 Fender Champion lapsteel that I owned for a number of years. Good, good stuff right there!

Let me know on the Tele pickup. Same price.

Glad to be able to build something for you Donner. I'll have that shipping quote for you later today.

In the meantime, here's a couple more that are up for grabs:

12. NEW Strat bridge pickup with steel baseplate -- SOLD --

12%20Strat%20Hot%20BP_zpsxmjn1z8k.jpg

12%20Strat%20BP%20Bridge%20Back_zpsrxqns

13. REWOUND/REFURBISHED Duncan 59 neck HB, Alnico 5 -- SOLD --

13%20Duncan%2059%20Neck%20RW_zpsvbjjyv5f

DSC02725_zpsbu6ersga.jpg

On 2/26/2017 at 6:35 PM, JGravelin said:

Would love that #6 Strat neck pickup, please. 

6. NEW Stratocaster Neck position. 5.81k, Alnico 5. I wound this with 42 heavy-build Formvar, just like the pre-'61/62 versions utilizing my own scatterwind that I've honed over the years. Gilmour, Trower, and SRV would probably like this pickup a lot.  This is a tried and true wind that will not disappoint. Black cover included. $70.00

6%20Strat%20Single%20Coil_zpsczjwldur.jp

On 3/1/2017 at 7:09 AM, JGravelin said:

12. NEW Strat bridge pickup with steel baseplate, 6.42k, Alnico 5, and a separate ground wire (green) for the baseplate should you want to reverse the phase. This is a slightly hotter wind than standard, still sounds like a strat but with the mids notched up: great ballsy tone with a hint of Tele to it. For those who've never been thrilled with the bridge pickup on those guitars, here's a better and more toneful option. $75.00

12%20Strat%20Hot%20BP_zpsxmjn1z8k.jpg

12%20Strat%20BP%20Bridge%20Back_zpsrxqns

oh, and the bridge pickup as well, would be fantastic!  #12.

Cheers!

15 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

You might as well have him wind you a middle pup too. No use going 2/3's of the way. 

What's that saying.... something about "great minds thinking alike??" ;) I chatted with Josh about this yesterday and he had some great advice. Going to see what the original middle pickup sounds like (for now) and then if need be, will order another one of Josh's awesome pickups. 

Archived