Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Kizanski "Running Out of Hooks" Sale

Howdy Y'all.
Today in our installment of WPP (White People Problems), we have a little situation wherein, I have room on the walls of my guitar room for 26 Hercules hangers, but 28 guitars.
Technically, I currently have 27, but there is a Shishkov being built with my name on it, so to speak, so two fiddles have to go.

No trades, Please.  No really... no trades.  I mean it this time.

I am pricing the guitars at what I have into them, less 10% with free shipping (in the lower 48 US states).
This ought to keep the tire-kicking to a minimum (a fella can dream), and spare me the Hell on Earth currently known as eBay.

First up:

2014 Reverent Gil Parris Signature Series

• Lakeshore Gold - Anyone ever photograph a gold guitar and notice that it's almost impossible to capture the actual color of the guitar? Part of the problem is that there IS no actual color. Different light conditions (and even the position of the guitar on the stand or on the floor) will change the color or shade of the finish.  That's why they look so awesome on stage. Anyway, I did my best. If you look at all of the photos, you will see several different "gold" guitars (three examples below). That's the nature of the beast.
    Click the link above for all of the photos.
  • 9/10 condition (some light belt scratches on the back).
  • Frets are in Like New condition.
  • Trem bar, hang tag and adjustable wrenches included.
  • Sorry, no case. If I can find a gig bag for shipping, I will include, but either way, the packing will be more than adequate for shipping.

This is a great guitar that simply is covered several times over by other guitars already in my stable. If I didn't have several Strats, with and without humbuckers, I would keep it.

$625

DSC_2301.jpgDSC_2305.jpg

DSC_2299.jpg

Next Up:

1981 Hamer Special

It's red. Red is another one of those colors which is incredibly difficult (especially with digital photography) to capture properly.
Hopefully, enough of you have seen red Specials before and know what they look like.

Anyway, it's a Sustain Block Special, and is everything which that implies; awesome, awesome, and more awesome.

• 100% original.
  • Typical bumps and bruises for a guitar of this age. The photos (link above) accurately depict the condition.
  • Original pickups - The middle position is vintage Hamer goodness. Peter Green your ass off.
  • The case: Firstly, it is not branded. It appears to be a Hamer case, but I couldn't swear to it. The Author of The Book explained to me, "It looks like a Hamer case and I haven't seen any other company use those cases.  I've had older original Hamer cases with no logo, but not sure on this one.  I can't imagine anyone would care enough to source a case just like Hamer used to put a Hamer in." Also, it has one broken latch. A replacement latch is included.
    Let's just assume it's not a Hamer case, but does the job just as well and looks the part. But it could be...
  • Small-ish neck - again, it's your typical '81 Special - with lots of fret left. Great action.

$1,100

DSC_2254.jpgaalsc5N.jpg

DSC_2253.jpg

ETA: If you wish to contact me, email is better than PM. My PM box is often full.
You can post questions here or email me at [email protected]

Prices are for US Dollars. PayPal Gift option.

Grazie.

3 hours ago, Mitch said:

So, no non-white people can afford a few dozen guitars? Wow. HFC has issues.

C'mon man, talk about looking to be offended. 

It was sarcasm and a self-deprecating joke. 

Come on Mike, you mean you spend all that time, effort and money on that amazing guitar room addition and this is your solution........

Have you fallen down and knocked your pretty little head....

I believe the correct solution is here:

http://herculesstands.com/us/products/fretted-and-bowed-instrument/guitar/wall-hangers/  $14

Or this:  http://herculesstands.com/international/products/fretted-and-bowed-instrument/guitar/

Tell your maid to sweep around the standards or get an iRobot!!!

Peter

7 minutes ago, killerteddybear said:

What about ceiling hooks? Can't be that tough to figure out.

I can envision a track on the ceiling, like that for a sliding door, with a couple sliding panels, with Hercules hooks on both sides...

"I don't know how that guitar got broken over his head, Officer.  Perhaps it was the ceiling hooks."

No thanks.

6 hours ago, kizanski said:

2014 Reverend Gil Parris Signature Series

• Lakeshore Gold - Anyone ever photograph a gold guitar and notice that it's almost impossible to capture the actual color of the guitar? Part of the problem is that there IS no actual color. Different light conditions (and even the position of the guitar on the stand or on the floor) will change the color or shade of the finish.  That's why they look so awesome on stage. Anyway, I did my best. If you look at all of the photos, you will see several different "gold" guitars (three examples below). That's the nature of the beast.
    Click the link above for all of the photos.
  • 9/10 condition (some light belt scratches on the back).
  • Frets are in Like New condition.
  • Trem bar, hang tag and adjustable wrenches included.
  • Sorry, no case. If I can find a gig bag for shipping, I will include, but either way, the packing will be more than adequate for shipping.

This is a great guitar that simply is covered several times over by other guitars already in my stable. If I didn't have several Strats, with and without humbuckers, I would keep it.

$625

DSC_2301.jpgDSC_2305.jpg

DSC_2299.jpg

Come on down to White Plains, NY any given Wed night and meet Gil, then you can jam with him on this guitar. These guitars are really well made and I believe that's a darn good price for this axe. 

1 minute ago, marc61 said:

Come on down to White Plains, NY any given Wed night and meet Gil, then you can jam with him on this guitar. These guitars are really well made and I believe that's a darn good price for this axe. 

Agree. I have a Jetstream HB (essentially this guitar without the middle single coil) and it is a fine instrument indeed (pickguard support or lack thereof notwithstanding).

3 minutes ago, MCChris said:

Agree. I have a Jetstream HB (essentially this guitar without the middle single coil) and it is a fine instrument indeed (pickguard support or lack thereof notwithstanding).

Indeed.
I'm told there are companies on the web, however.

6 hours ago, kizanski said:

Wall space is already maxed out.
No stands! NOTHING on the floor!

Kiz,

There is always room, where there is a will,  there is a way :)

It's nice being able to put my clothes and other useful articles in the closets at home as well as at the cottage again, well some of them anyway...

Trying - hard- not- to - re-fill- them..... Must- not succumb - to - the -uncontrollable -urge !

13 hours ago, JGale said:

Well shit.

This is a nice guitar.

1373386459gpII_LSGLD_beauty_3.jpg

Thanks, Jim.

Full disclosure (and I meant to mention this in my OP), but that photo is not of the actual guitar, although that is exactly what the one I'm selling looks like.
The photos with the black background (the last four photos on the page) were taken from another ad.
I grabbed them because I was having so much trouble getting the color right in my photos, and found the exact guitar with an image search.

My bad for neglecting to mention it. This is what happens when you put together a For Sale ad at work.

On 2/28/2017 at 7:22 AM, Hamer Dave said:

Someone has to have this, so I can see it in action. That would be so awesome. ;)

But, where to keep the cases?

Simple case solution:

Automated-Warehouse-Racking.jpg

Out by the pool, it appears.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2017 at 1:06 PM, killerteddybear said:

What about ceiling hooks? Can't be that tough to figure out.

I can envision a track on the ceiling, like that for a sliding door, with a couple sliding panels, with Hercules hooks on both sides...

I have a friend who had guitars hanging from the ceiling (he has since moved). He tried to position them to be out of traffic areas, but I always ended up banging my head on one or two of them anyway. There's a Monaco Elite in there somewhere.

Don_H_Guitar_Room.jpg

Archived