Hamer Fan Club Message Center

CL: Hamer project on Denver Craigslist

Josh will be able to set you up with matching mounting rings.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp, today is the day!!!!!!!!!

Stike knocked this bad boy out of the park!!  Thank you Chris Mathes for the tuners, Josh Gravelin for the sweet pickups, Larry for the case, Stike for the amazing refin, and of course Santellavision for posting the original link :)

I am beyond excited for the FedEx guy to arrive today, and will post pix when he does!  Here is what I was sent by Stike before putting strings on...

093.JPG.5a756b7849c8b18edd1e87eeeeabfc21.JPG094.JPG.be3d0167370dc0ce6b8c80a8703a19f9.JPG095.JPG.24b2e0d8f6077c6f222aa4f2e16f0b64.JPG

Wow, that turned out aces! FWIW, every last 80s Hamer I've touched has had Schaller strap buttons. I'm sure they were not factory, but they're sure period-correct :)

I'll check to see if I have a set of original Hamer strap buttons around.  If I do, I'll drop them in the mail for ya.   I converted every one of my Hamers to Dunlops except for a couple of 4 digit Standards I used to have and an SS-1 that had Schaller buttons.

That would be awesome, Chris!  I used to use the dunlop style, but like the shallers better.

If I can find them, I have a little box of these dunlop style buttons.  I work in a tool shop and had a guy turn a bunch of them up for me out of 420 Stainless...as I didn't want to have to keep buying set's of them as I acquired new guitars.

You are more than welcome to them if you want them, and of course if I can locate said box!

WOW! Great work! Awesome guitar! That turned out to be a wonderful save of a Hamer! Congrats!:)

Archived