Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Schecter Info

chromium

Question

I'm halfheartedly eyeballing an older(?) Schecter bass, but having a heck of a time finding any info about 'em.  

Photo's show the headstock logo, neckplate (logo visible but too blurry to see s/n), and what appears to be the coverless "monstertone" pickups.  Bass is in Japan.

I recall seeing some threads about PTs (and fake PTs, etc...), and just wondered if anyone here might have some insights and/or links to resources that may help me to better ID it.

Need it like a hole in the head, but I do miss my old Ibanez jazz bass from time to time :D

Thanks!

s-l1600%2026.jpg

s-l1600%2027.jpg

img5795603b7701c_l.jpg

s-l1600%2025.jpg

5 answers to this question

Shortly after sending the seller a note asking for the s/n off the plate, and (if willing) pics of the neck pocket.. it was no longer available.  Good enough for me :)

It was a bit too much (IMO) for any chance of it being a parts bass.

On March 7, 2017 at 10:28 AM, duncans said:

Before production they sold parts. Late 70s ,80s. Might be a parts bass. 

Van Nuys Schecters -parts or otherwise- *always* had skunk stripes. 

For most of their original run (up through '83) almost every single neck was one-piece construction, the only exceptions being toward the very end, when some were offered with separate fretboards. Those still had skunk stripes, though (there's one in my profile pic -at the time that I'm typing this, at least - maple w/pau ferro).

Archived