#52... ...and #53

veatch

45 minutes ago, 0054 said:

Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

More like Fat Man and Little Boy!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't named many of the guitars that have come through here, but i really like Jekyll and Hyde...

0054 - i agree with you on the variations of the theme.  Mike was a pure pleasure to work with - he was very open to using new parts and doing things to make this special.  These guitars are both pure Mike and at the same time, very much me.  He really has the magic touch.

0052 i can't say any more than simply sweet.  The tone must go to 11 on this one.  (sorry, couldn't resist...)

0053 is a frickin' monster.  Different than 0052, and frankly, both are right where i expected them.  The idea was that between these two guitars, i wanted to be able to cover about 80% of what i do.  I think Mike succeeded in that. 

I honestly thought at my age, these were going to be my last two guitars.  Now i'm not so sure.  I'm already looking at what else i can sell off to fund the next project...  :) 

Thanks for the kind words Jef.  I really appreciate all of the great feedback that you guys give, it brings a lot of meaning to what I do, and I like the process of working one on one with each of you.  These 2 guitars have been in the works for a long time, much like David's Super C. Very early on, Jef approached me with some ideas and then gave me the flexibility to come up with something for him.  I liked the general concepts so much that I designed the DC Custom with Jef's CO's in mind, knowing that I'd be able to incorporate his specific ideas into his builds.  I'm looking forward to a few video clips of these in action in the near future! 

On 3/11/2017 at 7:35 PM, veatch said:

Oh, yeah.  One more small detail:

Shishkov_DCtwins-001.jpg

Ok, Where do I start? WOW fucking WOW! Dude! Wholly Crap! You and Mike have blown my brain or any capacity for my brain and concepts to hell. Incredible, Phenomenal, Versatile beyond belief and imagination! Congratulations on the coup de grâce of concepts and execution! Enjoy!!! Wow!

On 3/11/2017 at 5:35 PM, veatch said:

Oh, yeah.  One more small detail:

Shishkov_DCtwins-001.jpg

Congrats on the twins, Veatch!

The battery is the key component of the cork sniffication.  The biasing of the JFET is tuned to the exact pH of the alkaline which is directly influenced by the oxidization of the expansion seals and the ionization of the connecting separator.  Of this, Rite Aid is far superior, mostly because of the green HOME logo, which makes it automatically environmentally friendly.

I have no idea what any of that means, but there are some big words in all that, so it must be true.

:)

15 hours ago, veatch said:

The battery is the key component of the cork sniffication.  The biasing of the JFET is tuned to the exact pH of the alkaline which is directly influenced by the oxidization of the expansion seals and the ionization of the connecting separator.  Of this, Rite Aid is far superior, mostly because of the green HOME logo, which makes it automatically environmentally friendly.

I have no idea what any of that means, but there are some big words in all that, so it must be true.

:)

I saw the RiteAid battery and could instantly hear the difference!  :lol:

19 minutes ago, scottcald said:

I saw the RiteAid battery and could instantly hear the difference!  :lol:

You, Eric Johnson, dogs and dolphins!

2 hours ago, MCChris said:

One guitar for each ball.

If he has one jazzburst and one green ball, he may want to see a doctor.

I would ask you to stop showing off, but that would be stupid-please keep showing these off!

On 3/10/2017 at 8:32 AM, kizanski said:

A Dick Move akin to accepting a ride from someone and then throwing her Supertramp cassette out the car window onto the highway.

Something in your past?

And to add...

The nut on the wraptail is bone.  The nut on the trem is Graphtech.

The tuning is pretty much dead on, even when i get all 80's with the bar.

Have i mentioned that both of these guitars are a pure riot to play?  :D

Archived