Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1979 Special, missing logo, headstock repaired

Hey guys,

I saw this on the local Craig's List, I'm not acting on behalf of the seller:

1979 Hamer Special, missing logo, headstock repair, non original tuners

It would make for a nice restoration project for someone here. It's a shame such an old guitar got hacked up by its owner.

Guitar George

Looks like a 78 to me.  If the cherry trans top is original, it's pretty rare.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2017 at 5:17 PM, Steve Haynie said:

So, did anyone here get it?

I bought it.  This is a great player with some serious mojo.   I was thinking about having the back refinished, but after playing it I may keep the finish as is.  

Thanks to Hamer95USA for posting the PSA.

image_zpsgltf5enu.jpeg

7 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Cool score.  So, is the side jack there or just a hole where it used to be?  

There is an empty hole where the side jack was.  The seller moved the jack to the front to fill the "extra" knob hole.

I'm happy that you bought the guitar. Are going to relocate the output jack back to it original hole on the side of the body and restore the master tone pot? Are you going to have the Hamer logo restored and find an original Sunburst truss rod cover? Are you local in the S.F. Bay Area?

Guitar George

7 hours ago, Hamer95USA said:

I'm happy that you bought the guitar. Are going to relocate the output jack back to it original hole on the side of the body and restore the master tone pot? Are you going to have the Hamer logo restored and find an original Sunburst truss rod cover? Are you local in the S.F. Bay Area?

Guitar George

I will have the jack relocated to the side, restore the tone pot, restore the Hamer logo and replace the TRC.  I am in the Midwest.  I had the seller drop it off at a FedEx so I could have it shipped.

Thanks again for the PSA!

It also needs creme pick up rings and bell knobs, black or gold choose your colour. Then you are set to go!

I have a NOS set of the cream Dimarzio rings around here somewhere.

2 hours ago, serial said:

I have a NOS set of the cream Dimarzio rings around here somewhere.

Larry doesn't have trademark on those, does he? 😆

Archived