Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Cali in Rotchester.... looks legit

According to the seller:

kinda have to set you straight on this, this was jol danzings at one time, him and my father were friends and traded stuff when he lived in Illinois. It has the exact dimensions of a hamer Californian as far as pick up locale (have one and did the measurements), but the neck is something completely unique to this guitar. If you look up Ed Roman guitars and go through his hamer collection you will see a hamer prototype that looks exactly like this with the weird bolt pattern in the back. This is just the way I got it with no pickups in it. I know you are probably scratching your head, but if you look on the net real hard you will find this hybrid, and it will be attributed to Jol Danzing. This one has been totally messed with, but is still is amazing just the same. My father built amps for Jol in the late 70's and I came across this guitar in a closet in the basement, asked my brother and this is what he told me, this could be the remnants of and early experiment. In any case I posted it for cheap as an unknown, just have way too many Floyd guitars mostly ibanez and jackson early 80's models and ssome charvells..In any case thanks for the info.

to which I replied:

Fair enough but let's be honest- it's NOT a Californian just because Jol may have built it and it has the same pick up placement as a Californian. Call it what it is; a Jol Dantzig design. Good luck with the sale.

Wow. So he's gone from 'maybe it's part Hamer' to flagrant lying and fraudulent misrepresentation. Impressive.

It's a Series10 guitar, made by/for SLM. Hamerboy's post got me searching around.

They did a bunch of cheap copy guitars. The $80 one I posted was probably ambitious pricing.

I'm no expert on Jol's history, but I don't recall hearing about his years at SLM. :rolleyes:

At least the guy uses Ed Roman as a solid reference for his fiction. Holy shit, what a fucking dirtbag.

s10a.jpg

Yeah, ol' boy was lying to cover up his lie. Hmm. Where have we seen this in recent times? ;)

On 3/31/2017 at 4:43 PM, redline said:

I hate deformed potato-looking guitars.

Hey! There's no reason to drag Nate into this!

Archived