Hamer Fan Club Message Center

It's a Chicago Weekend - Saturday, April 8 - Let's do this!

BruceM

SirDaniel and I have decided to make road trip to IL the weekend of April 7-9, and we're hoping to run into a few of the Chicago HFC members while there.

We'll be staying in the western suburbs on Friday night, and head into the city sometime on Saturday. We're planning on attending a Talking Heads tribute at Martyr's on Saturday night. Anyone else want to join us?  Here's a few links to the nightclub and to the Start Making Sense band's website:

Martyrs Calendar of Events

Start Making Sense Band Website

You can find ticket info at both places, with a $15 admission fee.

We don't have any other big plans on Saturday, but we'll probably check out a music store somewhere in the city and grab a bite somewhere.

Who's in?

Chicago Music Exchange is pretty close to Martyrs. Years ago SirDan was unplugged by a staff member at CME's old location in Wrigleyville for excessive volume.

Martyrs is also the site of Kizanski's infamous heckling spree during Adrian Belew and The Bears' set.

So, lots of HFC history on this itinerary.

8 minutes ago, MCChris said:

Martyrs is also the site of Kizanski's infamous heckling spree during Adrian Belew and The Bears' set.

No need to tell Bruce that.  He was there - lol.
Then there was the extended "Wasted talent" critique/monologue/rant on the ride back to my hotel... Great night!

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

No need to tell Bruce that.  He was there - lol.
Then there was the extended "Wasted talent" critique/monologue/rant on the ride back to my hotel... Great night!

Just when I thought you were going to come up for air, Muse would prod you in the back again. aiiyaiiyaiiiiiii

48 minutes ago, BruceM said:

Just when I thought you were going to come up for air, Muse would prod you in the back again. aiiyaiiyaiiiiiii

Good times, buddy... Good times.

I wonder if Boom Boom Mancini is still tending bar at the Tilted Kilt.  I'm still intimidated and very much regret not getting a photo.

8 minutes ago, BadgerDave said:

I wonder if Boom Boom Mancini is still tending bar at the Tilted Kilt.  I'm still intimidated and very much regret not getting a photo.

She'd have put a hurting on you, Dave. You were wise not to push the subject.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:51 AM, BruceM said:

SirDaniel and I have decided to make road trip to IL the weekend of April 7-9, and we're hoping to run into a few of the Chicago HFC members while there.

We'll be staying in the western suburbs on Friday night, and head into the city sometime on Saturday. We're planning on attending a Talking Heads tribute at Martyr's on Saturday night. Anyone else want to join us?  Here's a few links to the nightclub and to the Start Making Sense band's website:

Martyrs Calendar of Events

Start Making Sense Band Website

You can find ticket info at both places, with a $15 admission fee.

We don't have any other big plans on Saturday, but we'll probably check out a music store somewhere in the city and grab a bite somewhere.

Who's in?

Carmie and I are in!!! We have ordered our tickets for Marty's and have time blocked out to hang out with you guys! Let us know when you arrive so we can do stuff.

George

How about meeting mid-afternoon at the Chicago Music Exchange? We can decide from there what to do before the Martyrs' show. I know of a few people that already have their tickets for that one, so perhaps we can find a bar/restaurant to hang out at before the show.

10 hours ago, BruceM said:

How about meeting mid-afternoon at the Chicago Music Exchange? We can decide from there what to do before the Martyrs' show. I know of a few people that already have their tickets for that one, so perhaps we can find a bar/restaurant to hang out at before the show.

Rock N Roll Vintage isn't too far from Martyrs too. Not nearly as big as CME (which is massive), but they have some interesting stuff.

Just now, prototype-fan said:

Rock N Roll Vintage isn't too far from Martyrs too. Not nearly as big as CME (which is massive), but they have some interesting stuff.

Oh, and if you like donuts, check out Dinkel's Bakery across the street from CME! My favorite bakery on the city.

11 hours ago, BruceM said:

I just PMd you about this but there's a pretty good BBQ/pizza place near Martyrs called Big Bricks. Lots of other decent places in the area as well.

It was a perfect weekend. Lots of fun had by all. Here's a few photos from the weekend:

SunburstGlamorSmall.jpg

Huge thanks to Badger Dave for the hospitality, and the TLC with my original Hamer. This is my 80 Sunburst which I purchased new from Guzzardo Music in Belvidere, IL in 1981.

DanBookishOneSmall.jpg

Sir Dan, ever the bookish one,even in the Chicago Music Exchange.

WallOfLesPaulsSmall.jpg

One half of CME's Wall of Les Pauls.

10 hours ago, BruceM said:

DanBookishOneSmall.jpg

Sir Dan, ever the bookish one,even in the Chicago Music Exchange.

He knows better than to attempt to plug a guitar into an amplifier.

Archived