Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My 1995 Korina Standard

Rehearsed with the 95 Korina Standard today. Been a while. I think it is the best damn guitar I have ever played. Period. Notes played are distinct, tight and clear. It rings like a bell. It is so well balanced all over the fretboard. Still not harsh or ice picky. Just cuts like a laser through the rest of the band. Yet sounds perfect in the mix. I hear everything I play, and it just sounds so good.

If the great flood comes then I will bring this guitar, and my favourite 79 Sunburst, and run for it. They are really the only two guitars I need, if it ever comes down to that.

I still feel the high of playing it, so I just had to share. 

All that talk and no photo. B) I miss mine but I feel that way about my '97 Mahogany Standard as well. That was a good time for the ol' Hamer boys it seems. Somehow I am betting Mr. Shishkov had a thing or three to do with those Standards too.

Here is a shot of it. It the one that is in The (Hamer) Book actually.

With 1996 Duncan Antiquities, and the original gold screws and gold covers.

01-Marshall-Artiste-and-Ham.jpg

Everything Disturber says could apply to my own korina Standard.  The thought of selling it along with the matching Vector goes through my head every now and then, but as soon as I play either one of them the notes all ring perfect and the feel is perfect, too. 

5 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

That is exactly how I feel about my Shishkov Ultimate. 

'Your Standard looks just perfect.

Rock it.

Guess that proves that the Shishkov's indeed are the step daughters of the Hamer Standard then. :P :D

Love my old 4-digits too, very very much. They are just different beasts. Might say they have a different personality. You know how old people get a little more "special" and don't compromise on things anymore. And they always tell it like it is, straight to your face. Well, that is the same for older guitars. You have to treat them right, then they deliver in spades. Same with my old Hamer's. The Korina Standard is just plug and play everytime. You don't need to stroke it the right way to get it to behave the way you want it.

I couldn't agree with your love of the Korina Standard more. They really are exceptional. I have the original and the reissue and love them both. The reissue however is very light in comparison to the original which is heavier than a box of rocks! Is your reissue light as well? Just curious. Cheers! 

I've played some from the '95 LE that were bricks and some that were feathers.  All over the map in that run!

9 hours ago, KofSeattle said:

I couldn't agree with your love of the Korina Standard more. They really are exceptional. I have the original and the reissue and love them both. The reissue however is very light in comparison to the original which is heavier than a box of rocks! Is your reissue light as well? Just curious. Cheers! 

On my bathroom scale mine weighs something like 3,73kg,  8,225 lb. I consider it a pretty light guitar.

Archived