Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wow, this chick has some extreme vocals.

Wow imagine taking her home to meet mom!             Better yet sure wouldn't want her to catch you cheating ....................  Anyway vocal and guitars are killer!

I'm was trying to figure out how hot she would be without all the crap on her eyes and the bullring, and then the bride of cookie monster comes out of nowhere to send me under the covers, yikes!

ETA:  The drums and bass are pretty friggin good as well.

14 hours ago, FrettyMcgee said:

Imagine hearing, "I SAID PICK UP YOUR UNDERWEAR!!!"

LOL!...................... Now that voice would get your attention wouldn't it!:lol:

Thoughts after first watch:

1. her voice (I'll call it "voice 1") is really quite nice and worked very nicely with the arpeggiated chord work.  "Voice 2" isn't my thing and since it isn't my thing, my only comment would be it is impressive from the standpoint of contrast
  2. as a general rule, I detest music that typically accompanies the "cookie monster" thing, but the band in this instance was fantastic.  Sure, de-tuned like most of them, but absolutely musical.  The entire group (vocalist included) was very impressive and worked well together with great dynamics. Don't know that I would buy a CD, but I wouldn't turn it off if it came up on XM

Can you imagine the physicality required to drum an entire concert for Straight Line Stitch?  That guy is amazing!

It also occurs to me (listening) the SLS singer could easily have a successful pop career if she were so inclined.

12 hours ago, G Man said:

I'm was trying to figure out how hot she would be without all the crap on her eyes and the bullring, and then the bride of cookie monster comes out of nowhere to send me under

I heard them on XM the other day and thought they were pretty good but 100% assumed that it was a different (and male) singer doing the cookie monster parts!

On 4/1/2017 at 4:53 PM, slipstream said:

Wow imagine taking her home to meet mom!             Better yet sure wouldn't want her to catch you cheating ....................  Anyway vocal and guitars are killer!

This reminds me of a friend I once had who wound up in a bed of a pickup in the woods with a fat chick on the first date. He said he was "f-in" her when she suddenly started screaming and growling. He said it scared the shit out of him. He ended up marrying her. As soon as she got the ring on she quit her job, sat on the couch and ate funions and gained eighty pounds and turned into a witch. Started burning incense and wishing for owls. 

34 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

This reminds me of a friend I once had who wound up in a bed of a pickup in the woods with a fat chick on the first date. He said he was "f-in" her when she suddenly started screaming and growling. He said it scared the shit out of him. He ended up marrying her. As soon as she got the ring on she quit her job, sat on the couch and ate funions and gained eighty pounds and turned into a witch. Started burning incense and wishing for owls. 

Florida.

36 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

And that is reason #1 why you never pick up chicks at the Hellyeah concert.  :lol:

'Sigh'.....kids today.....neither Henry Rollins, nor Ian MacKaye or Jello Biafra had to resort to guttural demon-with-its-nuts-in-a-vice gimmicks to punch the listener in the face lyrically....I hope Sesame Street is getting a royalty check from these folks......

egywNuyx.png

1 hour ago, Never2Late said:

'Sigh'.....kids today.....neither Henry Rollins, nor Ian MacKaye or Jello Biafra had to resort to guttural demon-with-its-nuts-in-a-vice gimmicks to punch the listener in the face lyrically....I hope Sesame Street is getting a royalty check from these folks......

egywNuyx.png

Some of those kids have been at it about as long as the Dead Kennedys and Fugazi... 

Plus, as an added bonus, they aren't punk bands.  

Shots fired! 

But in all seriousness (well, I do find punk to mostly be a genre of loud music that is OK to like if you're an "intellectual" because Rolling Stone said so), there is pretty much a direct line from bands like DK and Black Flag to Arch Enemy via Carcass.  Grindcore came straight out of the hardcore scene and has had a huge influence on extreme metal.  And there damned near isn't a Scandinavian death metal band that doesn't have at least a couple of members waaaay into Discharge. 

I dug the first 60s or so.  Having seen the "Napalm Records" logo, I was cringing by the minute-mark, just waiting for it to happen.

Mark me down in the hate-the-cookie-monster-vocals camp.  The closest I can get with is the Pantera stuff from Vulgar Display of Power.  It was f*cking hostile.

I mean, that's fair.  It's a pretty extreme approach that I only enjoy by the band.  I wouldn't say I'm a death metal or grindcore fan as much as I happen to like a couple of bands a lot in those genres.  

32 minutes ago, LucSulla said:

I wouldn't say I'm a death metal or grindcore fan as much as I happen to like a couple of bands a lot in those genres.  

Soylent Green are/were the reigning gods of Grindcore. They redefined what guitar/bass/drums could do in a rock context. They make other "extreme metal" bands sound like the Von Trapp Family. So heavy, in fact, that the ceiling above the FOH caught on fire when they opened for Dethklok at the Fillmore. True story. 

3 hours ago, RobB said:

They make other "extreme metal" bands sound like the Von Trapp Family.

Sig-worthy, right there.   "The hills are alive, with the sound of me-tal!" :lol:

3 hours ago, RobB said:

Soylent Green are/were the reigning gods of Grindcore. They redefined what guitar/bass/drums could do in a rock context. They make other "extreme metal" bands sound like the Von Trapp Family. So heavy, in fact, that the ceiling above the FOH caught on fire when they opened for Dethklok at the Fillmore. True story. 

I love Soilent Green!  I saw them in a pool hall in Hattiesburg, MS, in 2000, and it was crazy!

I shot the shit with Goatwhore's bass player back around Christmas, and he says they constantly try to talk Ben Falgoust (who also sings for Goatwhore) into getting SG back together. 

Archived