Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Free shipping + higher asking price vs. Regular shipping + lower asking price?

sixesandsevens

Shipping and pricing strategies...  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Question

3 answers to this question

No way I'm going "free shipping" on anything with considerable value (insurance $$$) or a higher likelihood to suffer shipping damage. I'd go free shipping on an effects pedal, but I'm not going free shipping on what we'd consider a decent guitar, even if it's in a hardshell.

If you're going to go "free shipping," you may want to spec what carrier, what delivery type (standard economy ground vs. priority overnight, for example) and where you will or won't ship (CONUS only, for example). I'm already bad about under-estimating the costs of shipping when I just throw up a flat CONUS rate (nice, new and unbeaten-up boxes and insulators like bubble wrap cost money) and "free shipping" potentially sets me up to have my ass handed to me even more $$$-wise when it's all said and done.

^^agree^^... shipping can cost anywhere from $60 to $120 depending on the weight/size and location... I would set the guitar at what you want "including fees" plus shipping... & maybe you'll get lucky and the buyer will opt to pay for shipping via his or her account

Any more, I tend to itemize it so the is no dispute. I want x for the guitar + y for shipping + z for fees.  If the buyer can work out a better price on the shipping, better for both of us, but I still get what I am looking for on the guitar. 

Archived