Hamer Fan Club Message Center

MISSED IT!

Missed this by mere seconds! I wasted valuable time asking questions and someone swooped in and grabbed it! F*ck! Would've been the perfect refin/mod project!!! If anyone on here scored this, I'm open to discussions of trades for a recently acquired iridescent Elite with reverse headstock. ;)

https://reverb.com/item/4937663-hamer-californian-natural-boomerangs-floyd-rose

8 minutes ago, crunchee said:

I think that's HFC member AlPep's Reverb store.

yup, I reached out to Al to ask some questions but it was gone by the time I hit send. I've been past his booth at the B3 Vintage Guitar Expos in Oaks PA numerous times. Stopped to chat a few times as well.

So bummed. :(

Oops!

Once again, if someone on here has it and would like to trade for a totally stock Custom Elite w/ reverse headstock... :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

You bum stain.

i did that asking stupid questions last summer on a centaura 2hb for about 600 quid.

its not like they grow on fucking trees is it?

In my defense, it wasn't 100% clear it was a USA. I had to ascertain that and it cost me. Possibly. :ph34r:

How was that not 100% clear it was a USA?! 

The import boomers look NOTHING like the USA ones.

On 4/21/2017 at 9:17 PM, cmatthes said:

How was that not 100% clear it was a USA?! 

The import boomers look NOTHING like the USA ones.

Given that there's a mixed bag of non Hamer, shit components all over the body, and the fact that I bought Steve's pseudo Cali, made up of leftover and case liner parts (in which the boomers look very authentic BTW), I wanted to make sure the body/neck were all USA.

The import bodies are different too... ;)

Steve's guitars were pretty much "one offs", and were done with greater expense (and precision) than the import stuff.  The serial number also indicated that one was from one of the limited runs - pretty sure that was from the ALM Purple Metallic run.

8 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

Was than an Ibanez Edge vibrato on that Cali?

Sure looked like it. I was wondering if they had to adjust the rout at all to accept that.

2 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

Sure looked like it. I was wondering if they had to adjust the rout at all to accept that.

Wondering the same as you. Not sure I've ever seen an Edge conversion done on a Schaller-equipped guitar. 

Archived