Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: I always thought the name of the color scheme was 'Checkerboard'...

I've always called it Symmetrical Cow. What's a checkerboard?

13 hours ago, crunchee said:

'Symmetrical Cow'

I have a digressive practice of Googling random but curious phrases in various posts.  This one returned this very interesting guide to grading:

udder_panel5-850w.gif

Feel free to re-post in the "boobies" thread. 

1 hour ago, velorush said:

I have a digressive practice of Googling random but curious phrases in various posts.  This one returned this very interesting guide to grading:

udder_panel5-850w.gif

Feel free to re-post in the "boobies" thread. 

As I'm sure you're all well aware, an Asymmetrical Cow pattern would be.......

....wait...... for....... it.......

Too obvious.

Speaking of "checkerboard".....I noticed that the checkerboard duct tape that was being sold at Home Depot got pulled shortly after it debuted a few years baxk. All the other colors and patterns are still being sold.

So, made me wonder if someone has the trademark of checkerboard?  Maybe NASCAR or some racing related company?.....or Rick Neilsen?

On 4/22/2017 at 6:40 AM, mc2 said:

Speaking of "checkerboard".....I noticed that the checkerboard duct tape that was being sold at Home Depot got pulled shortly after it debuted a few years baxk. All the other colors and patterns are still being sold.

So, made me wonder if someone has the trademark of checkerboard?  Maybe NASCAR or some racing related company?.....or Rick Neilsen?

I noticed that too.  I bought all that Menards had when it was still available.  I still have one roll left.

On 4/22/2017 at 7:40 AM, mc2 said:

https://www.amazon.com/Duck-280410-Printed-Checker-Inches/dp/B0058DV71A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493040619&sr=8-1&keywords=checkerboard+duck+tape

It might as well be called ugly.  Looks like the tile on a McDonald's bathroom floor, wall, or counter top.  I guess 'Symmetrical Cow' would be the proper term in this case.

On 2017-04-21 at 7:06 PM, 0054 said:

It's a hockey term!

You mean "Ice Hockey"? ;)

On 4/21/2017 at 0:30 PM, hamerhead said:

As I'm sure you're all well aware, an Asymmetrical Cow pattern would be.......

....wait...... for....... it.......

Too obvious.

Wouldn't it be "Udderly too obvious"?

<groan>

I'd call it someone was too lazy to measure and cut out  some 1/2" checks !!

Archived