Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD: Shishkov Ultimate

I picked up from FedEx mid afternoon.   Popping open the case was followed by multiple expletives (all good), and at least 15 min of just looking at it.   Impeccable craftsmanship.  The finish and top alone is almost fluid in character.  The MOP, the shit.. on fire.  Every inch, perfect.   and lop on the adds from Scott..   frets over binding, matching headstock, ebony, locking tuners, AND... the bridge.  Seriously cats ass.  

I travel a lot and was off the HFC when the Ultimate offer came around.  I'm a massive fan of that shape, and I moaned for weeks after that and essentially took the position that either Mike may do other Ultimates, OR...  one or two or so may pop up for sale on the HFC.  Was stoked when I saw 0044 pop up..  that was very close to what I would have requested in a request to Mike, although I would have been extremely open to any of the original run of Ultimates..  They are each amazing.   

In the middle of some playin time.   Unplugged this fiddle is very open, loud, broad.   I have a number of cool standards to eventually weigh against, but this Ultimate is a different beast.  

I've only seen pictures before of the amazing quality coming out of Mike's shop.  Seeing it up close and feeling it in person is a different experience. 

Scott, thanks for an uber smooth transaction.  Of the many guitars I've had shipped to me in the past, this one set the high water mark on proper packaging.   THANKS!!!

sorry.   NO PICS.. YET.    I actually took some earlier but photofucket was just crap in terms of response this evening. 

:D

Congrats!  That one is definitely special...

Glen,

Thank you for the kind words.  FWIW - Glen was great to deal with as a buyer.  A real jam-up guy.  When I pack a guitar, I always think of the Samsonite luggage gorillas and that they might be hiding somewhere in the delivery chain.  I pack with them in mind.    :D 

I was relieved as hell when #0044 arrived in great shape in Baton Rouge and thrilled you love it as much or more than I do.  The TSB finish is truly PERFECT and sonically that guitar is in a league all its own (Props to Josh on the PU's!).

For anyone that hasn't seen or experienced Mike's building skills and craftsmanship - his work is so precise and perfect its hard to believe it wasn't done by some magical CAD guitar making machine.  Its nuts how perfect it is, but it still very much feels alive.  Mike's work is worth every minute of the wait.

I'm glad #0044 is in a great new home.

Rock the hell out of it.

You should take that puppy over to The Fret Shack for some fun.

It always sounds a bit sycophantic but it isn't.  Mikes guitars really are quite incredible.  You sense the love that went into them the second you open the case.

Then you plug in and it only gets better. 

coupla snaps.   hues change under different light sources. 
Spent the weekend playing it when I could, as well as several closeup lookovers ..  holy crap the quality and workmanship is stellar. 
Uber neck, frets, feel, setup.  Joy to play.  Spoiled!
mega stoked to have this in da house.

DSC_9698%20GOOD%201280x430_zpsgspbtp52.j

IMG_2854%201024x658_zpso4zn4jjk.jpg

Archived