Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB Charvel or Jackson Strat head neck

Considering you love my "Dorothy's Slippers" ESP Custom ... this may be a viable substitute for your WTB. The seller has the "Zep" background story accurate - that neck appears IDENTICAL in all specs to "Ruby's" neck. For likely what you're going to pay for a clean 80s Charvel or Jackson neck, you may be able to snag this - with some nice-ass guitar attached to it. I've never played a Zep, but a buddy of mine picked up a Zep Random Star clone not too long ago and he said under the hands and in the ears, it's old skool ESP all the way. "I" should be the one chasing this one LOL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-ESP-Zep-II-Custom-RARE-w-original-bag-NO-RESERVE-/272640820089?hash=item3f7aa8c379:g:vqYAAOSw7U5Y-uRL

Edited to add: The main reason I thought of this one for you ... "Ruby's" neck is a 2-1/4" heel and I'd bet my ass the neck in the auction is as well.

6 hours ago, Jeff R said:

Hi Jeff, That's pretty cool, but I need the neck for a San Dimas Strat project that I completely forgot I had... I opened a box from my closet and lo and behold was a complete early eighties Charvel San Dimas Body complete with brass trem, old DiMarzio pickup & ring, Electronics w/ backplate & even the neck plate w screws was still there... I know it's a long shot but I'm trying to complete it with at least period correct pieces... 4RnyV3o.jpg

48 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

Dave: If you cannot find one at a reasonable price in the near term, I highly recommend that you pull the trigger on a known-good replacement:  San Dimas replacement neck

Thanks Biz, I was thinking about one of these "2 piece w/skunk stripe" or maybe even a "new reissue" Charvel... IF I can't find one in decent shape :unsure:

Musikraft was going to be my suggestion as well.  Their necks are typically every bit as good, if not better than the original manufacturer's stuff.

^^^^ This. That EVH Frankenstein clone I built a few months ago for a client had a Musikraft "Frankie" replica neck that was very vintage San Dimas and simply stellar in all aspects. FYI, Ruby's body is a Stike-ified and (very) custom order Musikraft. Just putting up with the spec shit list I gave them for that body gets them serious brownie points.

19 minutes ago, Jeff R said:

Just putting up with the spec shit list I gave them for that body gets them serious brownie points.

And that's saying something.

Saying that REE-shard is "particular" is like saying that I have been known to occasionally like breasts.

29 minutes ago, Jeff R said:

^^^^ This. That EVH Frankenstein clone I built a few months ago for a client had a Musikraft "Frankie" replica neck that was very vintage San Dimas and simply stellar in all aspects. FYI, Ruby's body is a Stike-ified and (very) custom order Musikraft. Just putting up with the spec shit list I gave them for that body gets them serious brownie points.

2 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Musikraft was going to be my suggestion as well.  Their necks are typically every bit as good, if not better than the original manufacturer's stuff.

Yeah I'm thinking I might go this route because trying to find a genuine strat head nowadays "in decent condition" may prove to be rather difficult and pricey... plus I wouldn't have to worry about dealing with non-friendly truss rod's... there are definitely a ton of neck options out there... I should have been looking for one all these years but I completely forgot I had this one locked away... I may also check with the Charvel/Jackson forum groups... you never know, there may be dudes like me with all this shit packed away in closets that they completely forgot they had... crap, I just found this old Chandler banana neck Yeah I'm thinking I might go this route because trying to find a genuine strat head nowadays "in decent condition" may prove to be rather difficult and pricey... plus I wouldn't have to worry about dealing with non-friendly truss rod's... there are definitely a ton of neck options out there... I should have been looking for one all these years but I completely forgot I had this one locked away... I may also check with the Charvel/Jackson forum groups... you never know, there may be dudes like me with all this shit packed away in closets that they completely forgot they had... crap, I just found this old Chandler banana neck...Yeah I'm thinking I might go this route because trying to find a genuine strat head nowadays "in decent condition" may prove to be rather difficult and pricey... plus I wouldn't have to worry about dealing with non-friendly truss rod's... there are definitely a ton of neck options out there... I should have been looking for one all these years but I completely forgot I had this one locked away... I may also check with the Charvel/Jackson forum groups... you never know, there may be dudes like me with all this shit packed away in closets that they completely forgot they had... crap, I just found this old Chandler banana neck...

Yeah I'm thinking I might go this route because trying to find a genuine strat head nowadays "in decent condition" may prove to be rather difficult and pricey... plus I wouldn't have to worry about dealing with non-friendly truss rod's... there are definitely a ton of neck options out there... I should have been looking for one all these years but I completely forgot I had this one locked away... I may also check with the Charvel/Jackson forum groups... you never know, there may be dudes like me with all this shit packed away in closets that they completely forgot they had... crap, I just found this old Chandler banana neck... Yeah I'm thinking I might go this route because trying to find a genuine strat head nowadays "in decent condition" may prove to be rather difficult and pricey... plus I wouldn't have to worry about dealing with non-friendly truss rod's... there are definitely a ton of neck options out there... I should have been looking for one all these years but I completely forgot I had this one locked away... I may also check with the Charvel/Jackson forum groups... you never know, there may be dudes like me with all this shit packed away in closets that they completely forgot they had... crap, I just found this old Chandler banana neck6CosJ5Y.jpg

Not sure what's happening with this photo though

Archived