Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Gravelin Pickups Spring Cleaning #2

I mentioned that there would be more, and I definitely wasn't kidding. I would have posted these weeks ago had it not been for the battery in my 2008 digital camera going bad. At any rate, to you lovely HFC'rs I present the following tone machines: all tested electronically as well as play-tested in my trusty Shishkov Ultimate prototype.

#1: SOLD

#2: BSTOCK - Lester Standard Bridge, 8.45k, A5 magnet, single braided pushback lead, 42 Plain Enamel wire, vintage-correct unplated slugs and screws, Nickel partial cover - a classic uncovered PAF type here, and it sounds excellent: a touch more high frequency detail and shimmer than #1 but not at all "too bright!". Classic tones here and a very versatile pickup for those who know and love those sounds. A very, very small scratch on one of the bobbins makes it B-stock but most would never notice. $115.00

DSC02824_zpsdgxafhf5.jpg

#3: SOLD

#4: SOLD

#5: REFURB Bridge. 8.71k, A5. This thing was up previously, decided to hang around, and I revisited it just for kicks and man does it sound nice. Refurbished 50mm bobbins and nickel silver frame, fresh 42 PE, unplated steel, and 4 conductor leads. If you'd prefer the magnet to be an Alnico 2 instead, I'll swap 'em out before I ship. As is, it's a medium hot PAF - slightly aggressive/raunchy mids, full clean lows, great detail and attack on top - good stuff here on the cheap. $85.00

DSC02827_zpspzwqtpqj.jpg

#6: NEW BUILD Stratocaster Bridge pickup with Steel backplate. 11k, Alnico 5 and 43 SPN coil wire wound up like some of those acclaimed 50's high resistance Tele bridge pickups. There's a definite Telecaster personality to it, nice girth, and an edge to the upper mids/low treble that sounds great under all levels of gain. I gave the backplate it's own ground-wire so you can phase reverse on a mini-switch or push/pull pot with ease. Rips! $85.00

DSC02829_zpszunxqmjg.jpg

#7 NEW BUILD Neck pickup. A2, 7.51k, Nickel plated cover, 4 conductor leads, and made with all the right metals and 42 PE wire. Sounds killer - big, full-range notes, clear, clean...add some dirt and blues out all day/night long. $120.00

DSC02839_zps37r9iv45.jpg

#8: REFURB Neck, A2, 7.56k, lightly polished raw nickel silver cover, and again made with all the right metals and 42 PE wire. 2 conductor lead wire so you can get your P. Green on if you like. The pickup mounting holes were not threaded properly on the frame so I rethreaded them using the next screw size up. The pickup mounting/height screw heads are slightly oversized with this one. So you don't have to mod/muck up your own pickup rings, I'm including both an Ivory and a Black one: both of which are drilled to the perfect size. $90.00

DSC02840_zpsmktfwgmz.jpg

#9: NEW BUILD Lester Std Neck, A2, 7.46k, lightly polished raw nickel silver cover, all the right metals and 42 PE, long legs and single pushback vintage style braided lead wire. Clean, clear, warm...no mud, no flub here. Really excellent PAF neck pickup! $120.00

DSC02844_zpsmyclcu5j.jpg

#10: SOLD

#11: SOLD

I was having a small issue with the photo uploads but i think i've got it sorted now. Confining these to the HFC is exactly the right choice in my opinion: you guys deserve good deals.

I'll be putting a bunch of neck humbuckers up shortly, as well as some P and J bass pickups. Some refurbished Dano lipsticks too. Stay tuned!

7 hours ago, JGravelin said:

I'll be putting a bunch of neck humbuckers up shortly, as well as some P and J bass pickups. Some refurbished Dano lipsticks too. Stay tuned!

Bass pickups?

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?!

Archived