Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer goes to Apple Blossom

My band Analog Jack performed at the Wenatchee Apple Blossom Festival last night. Brought a few guitars, but "Mr. Quilty" got most of the playing time. Wenatchee Washington is in the Columbia River Valley and is where 80% of the apples grown in the USA come from. The festival has been held since 1919 as a celebration of the fruit trees going into bloom. A two week party.

I played my Duesenberg Double Cat 12 on three tunes. It's got a really cool chimey Byrds kinda vibe.

Apple Blossom 2017 061 (1024x621).jpg

Apple Blossom 2017 045 (753x1024).jpg

Apple Blossom 2017 011 (768x1024).jpg

Another cool Hamer connection. When we finished our 90 minute set and were hustling to get our gear off the stage so the next band could set-up, the guitar player for that next band "Loose Change" asked me what year my Hamer was. Then he whips out a '79 Sunburst in transparent red. Small world.

4 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

Thanks for sharing. What kind of music does your band play?

We are doing all original songs written by the guy in the middle of the group shot whose name is Eric Link.

Kinda Dave Matthews-ish I guess. We have three 45 minute sets with 80% of it danceable. 6 or 7 cool reggae tunes. It's a lot of fun, I am really enjoying doing all originals and the creative license that brings of being able to write all of my own guitar parts. We have been recording a cd in a local studio over the last couple of months, so I will have some tunes to link soon.

Archived