Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Tom's Bucket List Clearance Sale (Pt. 5??)

I'll bet you thought you were over all this crap from me, right?  No way, kids.  The "Chemo-lite" had  me clobbered for a while but I got off my keester and got this going over the weekend.  Summer approaches and most of the bucket list involves travel, so here goes.

I'm cleaning out the mike locker, keeping only what I might need for "pasty white folk singer" solo or duo shows.

As always: Prices are plus actual shipping, PP Gift.  Anyone that I've suckered in on previous blowouts will tell you I ship quick. 

Also as always:  Go ahead and insult me.  Package/multiple deals are always welcome.  Everything here has been well cared-for in my non-smoking, non GMO, cruelty-free studio, aka Buzzard Gulch.

My PM box tends to blow up, so it's probably best to contact me via email at:

[email protected]

Here goes:

Studio Condensors:

Very light use, studio only.  All of these come with original cases and all factory accessories. 

Equitek E200.  Large diaphragm, multipattern, all the usual switches, etc. Early American made one. Big brother to the more common E100.  Has the unique feature of having an internal battery so it can be used in the field w/o phantom power for several hours with no performance degradation.  Has individual frequency response graph included.  $200 SOLD

dscn5327.jpg

Rode NTK tube condensor with power supply specialty cable and all accessories.  Smooooth.  Turn anybody into Lou Rawls.  $300 SOLD

dscn5326.jpg

Studio Projects C3  Multi-pattern condensor.  The early blurb on this was that it was a Neumann U87 Killer.  I don’t know about that, but it beats the socks off the MXL crap.  Original case and all accessories.  $150 SOLD

dscn5328.jpgdscn5329.jpg

Shure KSM 32.  Medium diaphragm.  Sits in between the ubiquitous KSM 27 and the multipattern KSM  44. Medium diaphragm covers a lot of bases very well.  Excellent as a drum overhead or female vocals.  3/4” diaphragm.  Sounds good even when it’s pointed in the wrong direction.  Case and accessories. $375 SOLD

dscn5331.jpg

Oktava MC 012-01.  You know the one.  Small diaphragm with cardioid capsule and –10Db pad original little plastic case and stand mount.  $50 SOLD

dscn5339.jpg

Oddball Condensors:

Crown CM-100.  Omni handheld PZM.  Great for natural capture of acoustic instruments, ambiance, room mic for guitar amps, etc.  Everybody needs a good, flat omni in the collection.  $50 Solddscn5336.jpg

Crown GLM-200  Supercardioid, damn near invisible PZM, lavalier, instrument you name it, where good sound and invisibility are needed.  Case and accessories. $50

dscn5333.jpg

dscn5335.jpg

AT ATM831.  Lavalier size but it’s really better at acoustic string instruments, has a sliding clip to attach to soundholes, etc.  Also stand mount adapter made to convert it into a mic that can be placed anywhere a conventional mic might want to go.  Very flexible. Surprise yourself.  Battery or Phantom.  $50

dscn5332.jpg

Finally, for the condensors:

EV BK-1.  Handheld cardioid condensor.  This one has a story.  In the early/mid 1980’s I was working for a pro sound and lighting company.  We were contracted to do a community baseball stadium-type show for the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.  The equipment rider specified a Neumann U-67 or 87 for John McEuen’s fiddle, mandolin, etc.   I called their guy and explained that, while I could get one (we didn’t have one in the usual road stock), he really didn’t want one under those circumstances, since it would likely be 100 degrees with humidity to match down there in swamp-east Missouri.  And he really didn’t want to have to cough up anywhere from $2,000 to $6,000 if it broke, and it very well could under the circumstances.  After a little arm-twisting and my assurance that John would be more than happy with this EV, he agreed to it.

As it happened, I wound up doing monitors for that show and was no more than 15 feet from John the whole show.  No frowns from John, no hiccups from the mic.  Afterward, John approached me and tried to buy it on the spot.  I politely refused and the sound company owner let me keep it when I left the company.  Now, I’m not saying that this is a Neumann killer, but it sure sounded good and took some road abuse where a Neumann wouldn’t.  Phantom recommended but it has an “impossible to find one” battery as well.  $100  SOLD.

dscn5337.jpg

On to the dynamics...

EV N-Dym series

308 and 408 (cardioid and supercardioid, respectively)  swivel yoke mounted.  Makes placement a bunch easier.  I’ve used them on all kinds of stuff, but mostly drums.  $50 each.

868 Kick drum mic.  My fave out of all the good ones out there.  Goes with the above. $100

PACKAGE DEAL:  Get these three together and I’ll put them in a hardshell case (shown) along with an SM-57 (not the 357 shown).  There you go, a quality drum kit set in a box for $200, just add overhead(s). SOLD

357B vocal mic.  Most Esteemed Redhead’s favorite live vocal mic until it got displaced by a much more expensive Heil.  Has the comfort grip sleeve. $50 SOLD .

dscn5341.jpg

dscn5343.jpg

dscn5344.jpg

Others

Audio Technica ATM 25.  Supercardioid  Try to find one less than about $200.  Full frequency response with excellent lows, great on congas, piano, down the bell of a tuba, whatever, it'll take it and sound good doing it.  Most Esteemed Redhead is arguing with me about letting this one go.  $125 SOLD

Audix OM3xb cardioid dynamic.  I selected this over the OM-5 or 7 because in return for giving up a little feedback resistance, you get a more forgiving pickup pattern and flexibility in working distance.  $50  SOLD

dscn5345.jpg

There's also an SM-57 or two spooking around:  SOLD

dscn5346.jpg

That's it for now, at least until I open another road case....

Tom, I emailed you on the Oktava but the email came back undeliverable....please email me at revelmark at yahoo dot com

23 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

Tom, I emailed you on the Oktava but the email came back undeliverable....please email me at revelmark at yahoo dot com

Mailed you back, Mark, need your terrestrial address.  "Someplace Out Around Sedalia" doesn't seem to be working. :rolleyes:

Archived