Hamer Fan Club Message Center

When Do We Hit 20 Years?

I was gonna say, the board is likely older than 20 years because I think I came on board around '97 and it was already active, albeit nothing like today. The current URL didn't even exist back then, wasn't it something like a page within hikarate.com or something like that? Ted? Chris or Steve?

Yeah, I vaguely remember it being 1996 when I discovered this place.  I think the first Open House I attended was 1999, and I think that 1999 was the second one that was held.  Wow, the time has flown...  Made a lot of friends here (and a couple of enemies - LOL!).  And of course, picked up a LOT of Hamers along the way!

January was 20 years for me here. Thanks for having me and being so kind over the years to this guitar hack. :wub::P:D

Sustain Blocks Rule BTW! B)

I came in after I got my 1st (slammer series) as a backup for my LP, that was my cover band back in Raleigh so it must have been 95-97... soon sold the LP and started buying & selling ~30 usa hamers w/ you guys.

I have met, horse traded with, jammed with, gigged and/or recorded with, drank with  (and even crashed at a few of the houses of) Stike, HHB, DavidB,  Zenmindbeginer, JackC, Jon & Laura Press, Rockola, Jeffro Reechard, Bobbymac, LefthanDed, Cmathes, and a few I can't recall at this moment. This  is a great place.

What Brooks said, except I showed up with a '94 Special FM, a 94 P-90 goldtop and a bad memory (see above re: forgetting my password).  I've had the pleasure of meeting, greeting, swapping lies and swatting flies with scads of you goofballs and every time it has been a blast.  Oh, and then there was Brent.  But the amp was all it was cracked up to be....  :lol:

Lotsa hoopla here over the years. Remember when everyone were mad at everyone, and there was a break out group that started the hamer museum forum. No action there these days. Seems like the message board is not even open any more http://www.hamermusuem.com/Welcome.html 

Now it's all a big happy family here.

1 hour ago, Disturber said:

Lotsa hoopla here over the years. Remember when everyone were mad at everyone, and there was a break out group that started the hamer museum forum.

Now it's all a big happy family here.

Boy, that was some industrial-strength silliness.  Let's see.  Sharkfin picks, Waterloo Speeches, flawless technique, $350, the Worlds Longest Thread, everybody coming together to replace a stolen guitar.  I'm probably forgetting a crapload of stuff.

50 minutes ago, tomteriffic said:

Boy, that was some industrial-strength silliness.  Let's see.  Sharkfin picks, Waterloo Speeches, flawless technique, $350, the Worlds Longest Thread, everybody coming together to replace a stolen guitar.  I'm probably forgetting a crapload of stuff.

Half a twenty....

I'm pretty sure I started hanging out here in 96 or 97. I had one Hamer, my 80 Sunburst and was using the newfangled internet to try to find out what it was worth. I started lurking, and making guitar purchases. My first ebay purchase, in February 97 I think, was a Phantom Custom, and I pretty quickly bought a 12 string eclipse, delivered in January 98, which I still own and play.

The infighting was legendary, and I would pop in occasionally and flex my vocabulary with words like "puerile."

I think the time is right to publish this little gem. This was penned by yours truly, and the document is dated May 12, 1999. For all the obvious reasons, I never published this back in the day.  I've now got the band which could pull this off, so perhaps it's time to set it to music. Names have been changed to protect the guilty!

4321 Productions presents:

Het

I wish I was a hetero, then the boys would like me more!

I wish I was a hetero, so I could be like Beau!
I’d bash some queers to allay my fears, that I am just like them, Oh!
I’d ogle girls with fancy curls, then whack off in the closet.
I’d scratch my balls while caressing dolls, and drag them by the hair, Oh!
I’d join the boys with all their toys, in puffing up our egos.

I wish I was a hetero, so Fred would like me more, Oh!
He’d use his wit, that little snit, and beat off in the toilet.
I’d be his friend, he’d take me in and let me touch his Hamer!
We’d stroke the strings and touch the curves, and then we’d make some music.
I’d make him sing, that little song, he likes so much to sing, Oh!

I believe it started up in late 1995 or early 1996.  I joined up when I got my first internet access in June of 1996 and it was here.  The first page I joined was the Telecaster Discussion Page (original version) and I joined here the same week.

I never even acknowledged the existence of the Internet until the very end of the 90's....... Of course, I still don't own a cell phone...I loathe those devices...

I got my first taste of a quality guitar when i bought a like-new G&L Legacy around August 1997 for--yes--$300. From there I hung out at the GuitarsByLeo website where I encountered Cajunboy and his cousin Jeffro. I started frequenting the new Musicians Friend on the way home from work, ogling the finely turned out G&Ls and Hamer USAs. By mid-1998 I'd  acquired some more USA G&Ls. Then at the turn of 1998 I changed to a downtown Seattle job and was within walking distance of a vintage store and an authorized G&L and Hamer dealer. I had some expensive lunch breaks, one when I came back with a brand new G&L ASAT Classic Semihollow, and then in October, a used Eclipse-12 from the vintage/used store.

I started frequenting the HFC, but compared to the politeness at GuitarsByLeo, boy, what a wild place this was--constant flame wars, people arguing back and forth with ridiculously long subject lines. Soon the discussion engine had a limitation on the size of a subject line.

Then I had to fly to Missouri for a funeral, and when I returned the HFC was giddy over their first HFC gathering in Connecticut. There were pictures from the event all over the place. This was when the Anniversary was introduced and available to attendees for $999. Oh, I wanted one. By the middle of the next year I sold an Eclipse 6-string that helped me buy a brand new Anniversary. I still have that one.

So although the Anniversary was officially a 1999 model, there are a few people here who acquired one in Oct. 1998 at the First HFC Open House. Follow the link and scroll about 1/3 of the way down and you'll see a couple of attendees proudly holding their new 1999-model Anniversarys.

Archived