Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1997 Korina Vector has landed

#29/72 is back in the house. This is the one that was stolen from member Formula73 years ago and returned after I ended up with it. Since then, Brandon and I have sold it back and forth to each other a couple different times. Now it's back with me.....for now, LOL. But man these from the run of 72 are sure some good looking fiddles. Currently has Antiquity PAF's in it.

IMG_9283.jpg~original

Do I need to say that's the kind of guitar that moves me? :)

Re-congrats!

1 hour ago, TattooedCarrot said:

#29/72 is back in the house.

But man these from the run of 72 are sure some good looking fiddles. Currently has Antiquity PAF's in it.

Awesome. And yes, they are... I have #13, and it is not going anywhere... With its history, #29 needs to stay between the two of you. Maybe you could split the difference and just ship it back to the other every 6-12 months. :D

13 hours ago, zorrow said:

Do I need to say that's the kind of guitar that moves me? :)

Re-congrats!

Haven't heard that from you for a while to be honest. ;)

Great git! The korinas have something to say.

20 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

That cracked off piece of the pickguard oozes mojo! :)

Indeed. This thing has had quite a life. Just the fact that Brandon was in the Navy aboard a carrier and took it on deployments around the world is cool, not to mention wherever it's been while unaccounted for. And I know it's also been to at least one pawn shop, and one police station. The stories it could tell.

Those Antiquities are pretty bad ass. I just finished servicing a '76 Deluxe modified for full 'buckers and its AQs were everything you'd want in a vintage'esque pickup.

1 hour ago, TattooedCarrot said:

That's not what happened. Accidentally banged it against something while the pickguard was off for Bourns pots and it just snapped the tip off at the weakest spot where the hole is.

Wrong, it's 20 years old, the pick guard shrunk, it's a vintage instrument, get your story straight...

43 minutes ago, redline said:

Wrong, it's 20 years old, the pick guard shrunk, it's a vintage instrument, get your story straight...

WTF are people's problems in here? I'm the one that broke it, I would know. Perhaps that spot was already weakened from what you describe but there's no need to be pricks about something so insignificant. Seriously.

They're JOKING.

22 hours ago, TattooedCarrot said:

Well I guess the joke's on me then, I failed to see it.

All that was tounge in cheek. At least the way I read Kiz and Redline. Internet posting is hard to read emotion and intent sometimes huh? B)

Seriously.  Unlike many other gear-related pages you may be familiar with, in general, we like each other and aren't a collection of assholes over here!

26 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Seriously.  Unlike many other gear-related pages you may be familiar with, in general, we like each other and aren't a collection of assholes over here!

Speak for yourself.  

Archived